Robert Carter to transfer

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
A very good question, actually. His former AAU team, Atlanta Xpress, is sponsored by and plays in the Under Armour Association of AAU teams. If his AAU coach is "handling" this transfer process, there's credence to the idea, he'll be "handled" to a UA school. UA would obviously have a vested interest in seeing its schools do better.

Now, before we get into a Russell sucks debate, let's remember we're a Nike school for sneakers.
Makes sense. Thank you.

franklinjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
So Winfred Jordon was fine making a deal for RCJr to come to us when his son could benefit, but I guess the deal was only for two years and its time for WJ to get paid. We suck at the AAU game, and I'm sure that will be more evident after uga's recent coaching addition.

mqpayne

Jolly Good Fellow
It is a shame. His parents did not know after doing a great job. His GT degree would have done him well. The agent does not care about his degree. Robert rethink what you are doing. These AAU coaches are being bought. Follow the money.

Atomic Jacket

Banned
Why don't you go back and look at Tech's records "on the field" between 1968 and 1989 if you want to see a program in trouble. We are in paradise now compared to those days.

Sorry, but I don't use a crappy period in Tech history as a measuring stick to what Tech should aspire to. I look at our rivals currently to see if we are measuring up to a minimum standard. We are not. Any other conclusion is denial, pure and simple.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
If he wants to get noticed and make the tournament it doesn't make any sense to go and visit Auburn, South Carolina, Maryland, or St. John's. He is playing in the ACC one of the biggest basketball conferences there is... Also I believe he is just quitting on his team. If Carter really wanted to make the tournament he would stop shooting three's and get on the block/shoot his hook shot. Honestly, I am mad and frustrated at Carter, and sad about this upcoming season. Who knows, this might actually allow Georges-Hunt to elevate his game and start looking like a NBA prospect due to having more shots!

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
What is somewhat amusing is, with the addition of Cox and the arrival of the TJs, of the 4 schools mentioned above and compared to GT, his best opportunity to make the dance may have been right where he was.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
What is somewhat amusing is, with the addition of Cox and the arrival of the TJs, of the 4 schools mentioned above and compared to GT, his best opportunity to make the dance may have been right where he was.

Hey @Peacone36, since you believe our guy was leaving just so he could compete at a higher level ... um, I have some wonderful beachfront property in Kansas for sale. I'll give you the 'ol GT discount. Whaddya say?

Kidding aside, you're right. Had he stayed, we're more talented than any of those other teams he's supposedly interested in.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
At this point Mike Bobinski is beginning to resemble a clown, a stumblebum, a man without a clue.

The football program is in chaos. The basketball program is in chaos.

There are apparently not enough funds to make a change to either program.

I almost feel sorry for the man. He appears to be in way over his head.

sounds more like your in over your head as a fan. i dont see any of that at all.

i have a question for you. what 4 letter word starts with a d and ends with a g?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Zagoria reporting Carter could call it a day after the St. John's visit, which of the 3 listed, along with Maryland & South Carolina, is really the best option. Lavin has shown he can get kids to the pros (sticking is another story) and he can recruit top flight talent to put on the floor with Carter.

Now how a big ol' country boy adjusts to living in Queens... that's another story.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/robert-carter-could-decide-after-st-johns-visit/

Chattjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Zagoria reporting Carter could call it a day after the St. John's visit, which of the 3 listed, along with Maryland & South Carolina, is really the best option. Lavin has shown he can get kids to the pros (sticking is another story) and he can recruit top flight talent to put on the floor with Carter.

Now how a big ol' country boy adjusts to living in Queens... that's another story.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/robert-carter-could-decide-after-st-johns-visit/

My favorite line:"'WE might like it to a point that we don’t have to go anywhere else,” Winfred Jordan, Carter Jr.’s AAU coach, told SNY.tv by phone Monday."

But yeah, there's no one in his ear...

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I haven't commented yet since I'm waiting for the real story to come out about why Carter left.

I like CBG and hope he gets another 2 years. But liking him is only based on all the public stuff people have seen and when he came and talked to about 20 alumni. Compared to Hewitt, this team was much more fundamentally sound and made up of kids who are in it for GT.

Obviously, Carter wasn't in it for GT but for himself. That's fine; but if you aren't all in, get the hell out.

But I don't live and die on basketball, so I understand people who can't wait for the BBall team to get better.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I DO in fact live and die by GT BBall and still agree with you. Maybe it is a case of sour grapes from my spot, but frankly I believe the CBG is trying to build the team in the right ways. That takes time. Last year we got bit HARD by the injury bug. RC leaving sucks, from the perspective of what he did last year - but the deal is that if he isn't going to do the things he needs to do to help the team win (ala stop jacking up 3s and play mean hard low post ball like DM was I am ok with him going.

Hope he continues his development and things shake out well for him, it may be the right thing for both groups.

I haven't commented yet since I'm waiting for the real story to come out about why Carter left.

I like CBG and hope he gets another 2 years. But liking him is only based on all the public stuff people have seen and when he came and talked to about 20 alumni. Compared to Hewitt, this team was much more fundamentally sound and made up of kids who are in it for GT.

Obviously, Carter wasn't in it for GT but for himself. That's fine; but if you aren't all in, get the hell out.

But I don't live and die on basketball, so I understand people who can't wait for the BBall team to get better.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
as was expected their are counter rumors swirling that their maybe a change of heart after further review.

if he stayed we would have two players at 6 8 and 250 pounds plus a 2 centers matriculating in. we could be going from feast to famine to feast if he changes his mind.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
as was expected their are counter rumors swirling that their maybe a change of heart after further review.

if he stayed we would have two players at 6 8 and 250 pounds plus a 2 centers matriculating in. we could be going from feast to famine to feast if he changes his mind.
source?