Robert Carter to transfer

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Auburn paid a lot for their new coach and they will get what they paid for, the same way we are.

Borzello posted an article today about Top 5 recruits & Top 5 transfers out there. Robert Carter immediately made the list. I think a lot of top programs will contact him when it's said & done. Better than what we've seen listed so far.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Per a CBS tweet...he's visiting St Johns Sunday.

Maryland and South Carolina also in mix.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yep, which are all Under Armour, which wreaks of his AAU coach being a handler here. That said, Steve Lavin puts kids in the pros. Maryland has done so and likely has a good roster when he's eligible in a great conference. South Carolina will be in good shape to turn around, given Frank Martin, but I'd put them as lowest probability. Martin is a tough dude in game.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
If his goal is to get to the pros then none of this makes sense. He's already all but guaranteed a spot and sitting out a year will not help him one bit. None of these teams that I've heard besides Marquette are perennial tournament teams.

The following post was made by a generally very reliable blogger on the AJC site --- "There's a lot more to the story than has been told here. There has been an "advisor" who somehow developed a "relationship" with Robert outside of GA Tech, and the "advisor" is the one who told him he needed to transfer. It will be very interesting where Robert ends up. If it's a program that either has a history of violations, or a coach with a history of violations, then one might be curious as to whether this "advisor" had any vested/fiduciary interest in managing the transfer. Can you say Bruce Pearl? Talk to us, Auburn."

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The following post was made by a generally very reliable blogger on the AJC site --- "There's a lot more to the story than has been told here. There has been an "advisor" who somehow developed a "relationship" with Robert outside of GA Tech, and the "advisor" is the one who told him he needed to transfer. It will be very interesting where Robert ends up. If it's a program that either has a history of violations, or a coach with a history of violations, then one might be curious as to whether this "advisor" had any vested/fiduciary interest in managing the transfer. Can you say Bruce Pearl? Talk to us, Auburn."
Was this in the comments of an article or a separate article? Link available?

Auburn... also an Under Armour school, I believe.

Atomic Jacket

Banned
At this point Mike Bobinski is beginning to resemble a clown, a stumblebum, a man without a clue.

The football program is in chaos. The basketball program is in chaos.

There are apparently not enough funds to make a change to either program.

I almost feel sorry for the man. He appears to be in way over his head.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
At this point Mike Bobinski is beginning to resemble a clown, a stumblebum, a man without a clue.

I will need to be convinced that you are not a UGA wolf in sheep's clothing. That is about as dumb a series of remarks that I have read in my entire 72 years.
But, God bless!

Atomic Jacket

Banned
I will need to be convinced that you are not a UGA wolf in sheep's clothing. That is about as dumb a series of remarks that I have read in my entire 72 years.
But, God bless!
Oh, come on. Let's not get melodramatic here.

You'd have to have your head completely in the sand and be in total denial not to see that both major sports programs at Tech are in serious trouble right now. It's just one piece of bad news after another. And the results on the field are speaking for themselves.

I agree with "collegeballfan" -- that was a STUPID remark.....very much like the stupid posts made by "drydirtroad" on the AJC website.

Oh, come on. Let's not get melodramatic here.

You'd have to have your head completely in the sand and be in total denial not to see that both major sports programs at Tech are in serious trouble right now. It's just one piece of bad news after another. And the results on the field are speaking for themselves.

Why don't you go back and look at Tech's records "on the field" between 1968 and 1989 if you want to see a program in trouble. We are in paradise now compared to those days.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer

HUH? this is a sarcastic post right?

Midlands Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
This is a pretty impressive display of sour grapes, considering he was our best player.
He wasn't the best player on the team last year. I believe Daniel Miller was. As far as potential goes maybe Carter was, but potential means nothing if you don't perform. The record speaks for it's self. They can finish under 500 with or without Carter. He is not a difference maker plain and simple. I'll bet you money they perform as good or better next year without him. I think getting Tadric and Jorg back they will be much more competitive next year. College basketball has turned into a guards game.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I like Jorgensen as much as the next guy but he is a 3* recruit who didn't play well last year coming off an acl tear. He's not Stephon Marbury

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He wasn't the best player on the team last year. I believe Daniel Miller was. As far as potential goes maybe Carter was, but potential means nothing if you don't perform. The record speaks for it's self. They can finish under 500 with or without Carter. He is not a difference maker plain and simple. I'll bet you money they perform as good or better next year without him. I think getting Tadric and Jorg back they will be much more competitive next year. College basketball has turned into a guards game.
I guess I should've been more specific. Although Daniel Miller was indeed our best player last year, Carter was our best returning player. Apologies.

Your premise is reasonable. College hoops is a guards game. Let's hope TJ squared perform to the upside and then choose to not leave in the event we get a new coach after next year. I think MGH is going to have to average 18pt/game if there's any hope for some wins. Tadric is probably going to get way more shots than originally anticipated. We'll probably run a 4 out scheme, unless we land Demarco Cox, resulting in Q. Stephens get a ton of shots. Who knows what else?

I'd like to know how many wins you're pegging for what we'd get with Robert Carter that we'd perform as well or better.

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
Yep, which are all Under Armour, which wreaks of his AAU coach being a handler here. That said, Steve Lavin puts kids in the pros. Maryland has done so and likely has a good roster when he's eligible in a great conference. South Carolina will be in good shape to turn around, given Frank Martin, but I'd put them as lowest probability. Martin is a tough dude in game.

Okay, I sincerely apologize for my ignorance here (really! :oops:), but what does his AAU coach have to do with a uni/sportswear company who does not work with GT? Or do they?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Okay, I sincerely apologize for my ignorance here (really! :oops:), but what does his AAU coach have to do with a uni/sportswear company?
A very good question, actually. His former AAU team, Atlanta Xpress, is sponsored by and plays in the Under Armour Association of AAU teams. If his AAU coach is "handling" this transfer process, there's credence to the idea, he'll be "handled" to a UA school. UA would obviously have a vested interest in seeing its schools do better.

Now, before we get into a Russell sucks debate, let's remember we're a Nike school for sneakers.