Robert Carter to transfer

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
This best explains the Brian Gregory era, and they have the nerve to call and ask me to buy season tickets:

Dumpster-Fire.jpg

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
my guess.... he was being pressured into playing closer to the basket. stop with the 3 pointers. we need him inside. i think he sees himself as more of a magic johnson type player.

could be that our new centers coach added to that pressure.

the timing is right.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Pretty sure he was mind was made up before that. I'm guessing he just didn;t want to play for a bad team, which is what Tech is right now and will probably be for awhile.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Pretty sure he was mind was made up before that. I'm guessing he just didn;t want to play for a bad team, which is what Tech is right now and will probably be for awhile.

bad team? yes we finished a 1-2 gamee below 500 but you also fail to mention the attrition due to injuries and transfer. we were starting a walk on guard for chris sakes. last time i counted we lost 5-6 of our starting 9 for most of the year.

that we came so close to finishing above 500 is testimony to our team an coaches. bad teams go 10- 20 etc.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Welp, I'd say the wheels have sufficiently fallen off this dumpster fire. I don't think I have the energy to find the silver lining on this cloud.

Snakebit is the best word I can come up with. MBob you're on the clock.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
First, while devastatingly disappointing, I'm going to wish Robert Carter the best of luck. He did represent GT well. Twitter is alight with rumors of him going to Maryland, Auburn, and Tennessee already.

Second, I don't know the back story. I don't know how this decision came to pass. I don't know if I'm even allowed to say this here, but Brian Gregory should be fired this afternoon.

I've been on the record as wanting to see BG turn things around and succeed at Georgia Tech, but he needed to have results with regard to 2014 - 2015 record and the 2015 recruiting class. Before either of these things have even had a chance to occur, we've now seen our best player, sure to be our centerpiece this year, and a DEAN'S LIST STUDENT decide he'd rather sit out a year after transferring than play for us, put up a monster year, and potentially go pro early.

To call this occurrence, under any circumstances, unacceptable is an understatement and the tone of the press release would lead one to believe that maybe there's something shady going on, as opposed to anything else (i.e. - be closer to an ill family member, academics, etc), indicating that it should have been defended against.

That's all I've got. I'll continue to support GT and I'll root my heart out for our current players, but that's the fat lady singing for this Head Coach as far as I'm concerned.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Couldn't agree more DTM.

Excellent...you summed up how I feel.

I will support the team 100% but I can't wait for a new staff.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Let me also add that I'll likely be calling the GTAA tomorrow to increase my modest monthly donation. Before anyone starts in with comments about pulling support for the program or not buying season tickets, please remember that problems for college athletics rarely get solved correctly with less money.