1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Rivals coverage

Discussion in 'The Swarm Lounge' started by boger2337, May 14, 2019.

1. boger2337

boger2337 Helluva Engineer

So, I am interested in how the whole process works to be a rivals "writer". Basically the idea of getting inside info and having interviews with recruits and players sound like a dream job. I am still young and without children. Thinking hmmm I could do this, and probably better than the current people doing it, but I am unsure how to get into it. Can anyone do it or is Rivals and 247 have an employment process?

I reached out to Kelly on Twitter (our Rivals coverage guy) and at first he seemed like I was questioning his credentials.

2. smokey_wasp

smokey_wasp Helluva Engineer

Kelly is probably not the best one to ask, because he usually takes things the wrong way and acts like a jerk when answering questions, in general. Maybe try the guys who work under him, Jared Halus or Russell Johnson. It is a very good question. I've got too many responsibilities to try and start a new career. But I've often wondered the same thing. I wonder if most of those guys started their own blogs freelance-style at first? I suspect that is the way to start, but not sure.

boger2337 likes this.
  3. MidtownJacket

MidtownJacket Helluva Engineer

@boger2337 you could also try talking with the mods here and see if there is a chance for you to start writing more featured content here. I know we have some press credentials as well.

bwelbo likes this.
  4. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Such a conversation might also be threatening (if that's the right word) to Kelly. So I would ask around multiple people.