Rivals coverage

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
So, I am interested in how the whole process works to be a rivals "writer". Basically the idea of getting inside info and having interviews with recruits and players sound like a dream job. I am still young and without children. Thinking hmmm I could do this, and probably better than the current people doing it, but I am unsure how to get into it. Can anyone do it or is Rivals and 247 have an employment process?

I reached out to Kelly on Twitter (our Rivals coverage guy) and at first he seemed like I was questioning his credentials.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Kelly is probably not the best one to ask, because he usually takes things the wrong way and acts like a jerk when answering questions, in general. Maybe try the guys who work under him, Jared Halus or Russell Johnson. It is a very good question. I've got too many responsibilities to try and start a new career. But I've often wondered the same thing. I wonder if most of those guys started their own blogs freelance-style at first? I suspect that is the way to start, but not sure.

Deleted member 2897

Kelly is probably not the best one to ask, because he usually takes things the wrong way and acts like a jerk when answering questions, in general. Maybe try the guys who work under him, Jared Halus or Russell Johnson. It is a very good question. I've got too many responsibilities to try and start a new career. But I've often wondered the same thing. I wonder if most of those guys started their own blogs freelance-style at first? I suspect that is the way to start, but not sure.

Such a conversation might also be threatening (if that's the right word) to Kelly. So I would ask around multiple people.