RIP Frank Roper, Jr GIT Registrar Emeritus (Link)

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
He was one of the good guys.
And the Hill wasn't that accommodating to students back in the 60's. Attitudes changed a lot between 1967 when I left for a stint in the military and came back in 1971. The Hill seemed to soften quite a bit. Number of hours to graduate was reduced. I think it was the Vietnam war and so many students were affected by the draft. A former class president was killed toward the end of the war. A really special person according to those who knew him. Those were tough years at Tech. Difficult curriculum and threat of the draft hanging over us.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
And the Hill wasn't that accommodating to students back in the 60's. Attitudes changed a lot between 1967 when I left for a stint in the military and came back in 1971. The Hill seemed to soften quite a bit. Number of hours to graduate was reduced. I think it was the Vietnam war and so many students were affected by the draft. A former class president was killed toward the end of the war. A really special person according to those who knew him. Those were tough years at Tech. Difficult curriculum and threat of the draft hanging over us.
Didn't go to Tech, but at my school the goal was to keep the S2 status or you were gone to Nam.