Rhett Lashlee for new coach at gt?

yjack

Jolly Good Fellow
Phillip Montgomery Baylor's OC
Yes I'm Championing it

https://www.facebook.com/FirePaulJohnson

I'd focus on Montgomery, too. I've thrown his name out on twitter several times, but I don't have enough followers yet to get much of a splash. It doesn't take much research to start liking what he's done. He isn't a coordinator in name only with little experience.....he's put his time in and he'll be somebody's HC in the next year or two.

poodleface

Jolly Good Fellow
I'd prefer someone with head coaching experience for several years with several assistants and a few player cycles to make sure his success wasn't player or assistant driven.

Look no further than Dave Doeren at NC State to see the perils of picking up someone before they've proven themselves with their own players. Northern Illinois is still winning while NC State has regressed.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
I like the thought of bringing Monken back from GSU. We already got the players and he has shown the ability to evolve the O some. I think him and Cook could do some good things and keep Roof as DC.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Monken to CPJ:

"You consider me the young apprentice...

I have only come here seeking knowledge,
Things they wouldn't teach me of in college.

I will turn your flesh to alabaster
Then you will find your servant is your master."

Tempest_12

Jolly Good Fellow
I like the thought of bringing Monken back from GSU. We already got the players and he has shown the ability to evolve the O some. I think him and Cook could do some good things and keep Roof as DC.

Why would he come when he is already running his own program???

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Why would he come when he is already running his own program???

I assume he was referring to Monken replacing CPJ not just coming back to be on staff. That's actually an idea I'd find palatable. If we have to make a change we won't be bringing in a high dollar guy. At least Monken knows the lay of the land (i.e. da Hill).

Again, as many have said, this discussion is pretty moot.

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
How about Nick Saban.:meh: I think he would be the closest to a guarantee to get the program to an elite level.

None of those listed above would guarantee a better outcome than CPJ. I do think CPJ is moving us in the right direction, but it is taking longer than many like.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
How about Nick Saban.:meh: I think he would be the closest to a guarantee to get the program to an elite level.

None of those listed above would guarantee a better outcome than CPJ. I do think CPJ is moving us in the right direction, but it is taking longer than many like.
This is easily one of the most accurate statements I've ever read on this site

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I hope you guys are enjoying your exercise in futility. CPJ ain't going nowhere unless he decides to quit.

I am not so sure DCS. If he doesn't get this thing back on track then he will be fired. 1-5 against the miami, va tech, and possibly georgia.... I like CPJ. But he can't continue that trend anywhere in college football as a HC. 61% is great on the win scale. But you have to win the big games too.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I am not so sure DCS. If he doesn't get this thing back on track then he will be fired. 1-5 against the miami, va tech, and possibly georgia.... I like CPJ. But he can't continue that trend anywhere in college football as a HC. 61% is great on the win scale. But you have to win the big games too.
What you say makes a lot of sense till you factor in it's the GT hill we're talking about and all off field success we've had. They value that stuff above wins and losses.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
What you say makes a lot of sense till you factor in it's the GT hill we're talking about and all off field success we've had. They value that stuff above wins and losses.

Can one of y'all put together a frikin' powerpoint explaining the financial windfalls that come via a strong football program? Not to mention the increase in applications. Tempt those eggheads with all the science they can buy with all of it. Bunsen burners and all that.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Can one of y'all put together a frikin' powerpoint explaining the financial windfalls that come via a strong football program? Not to mention the increase in applications. Tempt those eggheads with all the science they can buy with all of it. Bunsen burners and all that.
:LOL:

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
applications are at an all time high, so are donations for education and research.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
at GT compared to past GT years. Point being, improving in football does nothing for the academic application/donation side of things.

That can't be true. I'm not disputing that admissions/donations are up. I'm saying being successful in football nets the entire Institute $$$. I'll never believe that doesn't trickle down to the academic app/donation stratosphere somehow.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
That can't be true. I'm not disputing that admissions/donations are up. I'm saying being successful in football nets the entire Institute $$$. I'll never believe that doesn't trickle down to the academic app/donation stratosphere somehow.
Not enough for the hill to make any football concessions.