Revelations after 3 weeks

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Maybe more of a reminder than a revelation but this overhaul is a 4 year process and we've only just begun year 2 of it. Are we ahead of schedule? I'd say so, just looking at our offensive output so far. We had the 5th ranked ACC recruiting class this past year...things will be just peachy in a couple years when those guys are all starting.

Maybe more of a reminder than a revelation but this overhaul is a 4 year process and we've only just begun year 2 of it. Are we ahead of schedule? I'd say so, just looking at our offensive output so far. We had the 5th ranked ACC recruiting class this past year...things will be just peachy in a couple years when those guys are all starting.

Looking at our current options, I'm ok with this. Either CGC works out by 2022 or we have 4 recruiting classes of talent to hand over to his successor in 2023.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
And a different set of our fans with little brother syndrome think we can only be successful by being like uga.

Already explained that we don't only have to run the option.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
And a different set of our fans with little brother syndrome think we can only be successful by being like uga.

Already explained that we don't only have to run the option.

misuse of little brother syndrome, but being perennial top 5 times and making CFP title game is not a bad model

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
lol... i see what you did here.

Clemson is the absolute peak. We are trying to take the place of VT has been for the last decade and no you don’t need top 5 classes to be that

So you don't think we should try to win national championships? 10 win seasons and a bunch of bowl losses are the goal? Is just being second fiddle in the ACC good enough now?

Also, FSU and Miami won't stay down forever, so we will have to out-recruit at least one of them to maintain the spot VT held for the last decade.

Edit to add: I might be misreading some of what you are saying, but I tend to believe we are going to have to be top 15 in recruiting to be successful here with the current coaching and schemes.

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
I mean team came out on a long road trip flat as all get out and seemingly couldn't recover. The mental mistakes are the one's that are beyond frustrating and seemingly always happening at crucial moments.
-Allowing big return after momentum score
-False Starts/TOs/Penalties in the Red zone
-Consistency on Offense killed because of penalties
-Getting beat deep several times after fighting back
-How can we have not addressed the kicking situation so far this isn't them just shanking kicks left or right this is simply just getting under the ball on 30 yards or less. This is inexcusable and we are leaving points out there and forcing additional pressure on a offense.

These are things we've seen for a few weeks now much more worse then the FSU game. I would expect players to start getting in sync as year goes on not look worse. I understand penalties and bone-head plays can happen with younger teams but going the wrong direction for sure. This bye week better be used significantly I want some of our younger players like Meiguiz(misspelled I know), Ivey to get some practice in to be read to go out and contribute and some of these other guys to get their minds right.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
misuse of little brother syndrome, but being perennial top 5 times and making CFP title game is not a bad model
You already agreed that we can't recruit to that level so your point is moot. Can't run similar stuff to them if we can't recruit with them.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t understand why so many Tech fans want to make stuff up on here to deny obvious improvement from the offense. Mind blowing really.

Are we some top tier offense? Obviously not. Do we need to get better? Of course.

Are we better than last year though? 100%.

Some of y’all are really acting like getting a ton of yards, despite not converting hem into points, doesn’t show sign of improvement from last year when we went three and out over 40% of the time?

Deleted member 2897

You already agreed that we can't recruit to that level so your point is moot. Can't run similar stuff to them if we can't recruit with them.

Georgia is already a much easier college to navigate as a student athlete, with plenty of places to hide. But what's even more obnoxious and frankly embarrassing is that even given that, three quarters of their football players still require special exemptions to be admitted in the first place.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
So you don't think we should try to win national championships? 10 win seasons and a bunch of bowl losses are the goal? Is just being second fiddle in the ACC good enough now?

Also, FSU and Miami won't stay down forever, so we will have to out-recruit at least one of them to maintain the spot VT held for the last decade.

Edit to add: I might be misreading some of what you are saying, but I tend to believe we are going to have to be top 15 in recruiting to be successful here with the current coaching and schemes.
Top 15 will be difficult to do here consistently if at all, though I didn't think CGC could do as well as he did last year, so nothing is certain. If we keep losing though, recruiting will only get tougher.

Scubapro

Banned
I don’t understand why so many Tech fans want to make stuff up on here to deny obvious improvement from the offense. Mind blowing really.

Are we some top tier offense? Obviously not. Do we need to get better? Of course.

Some of y’all are really acting like getting a ton of yards, despite not converting hem into points, doesn’t show sign of improvement from last year when we went three and out over 40% of the time?
My issue is the dumb mistakes and penalties. Include the kicking game and take your pick of the WTF moments.
We look better getting off the bus and during warm ups for sure. We are scoring a few more points than last year but not near enough to win games. The D ... IDK what to say about them.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer

There is certainly improvement but as of right now our offense still sucks.

Eliminate penalties and turnovers, things look much better.