Returning players for 2021-22

MidtownJacket

Staff member
The nice thing about Zoom is you can come in from a run or bike ride, slip on a nice shirt, make sure your hair is OK, and you are ready. Well, I had a 9:30 board meeting and came in from my bike ride just in time to turn on Zoom while I changed clothes. The meeting was at 9!
Woops. I’ve been in the same boat (I have a rowing machine in my home office) so have been known to hop between the two. Haven’t tried to take a call from it yet.
#LifeGoals

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Excited to see what Tristan can do. He looks to have lost the weight he gained during from his injury. The more scorers we have the better...that's what made us so tough towards the end of the season. We had 4 guys who had the potential to go for 15+ every game.

On another note, I'm really disappointed to see Pastner in a T Shirt and not a polo. Consistency, Josh....

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Seeing a lot of social media post of Jose out in AZ at Suns playoff games and last nights ufc fight. Starting to get the feeling that he’s gonna sign with the agent he’s consulting with from out there.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Seeing a lot of social media post of Jose out in AZ at Suns playoff games and last nights ufc fight. Starting to get the feeling that he’s gonna sign with the agent he’s consulting with from out there.
Can you share the social media you are seeing? Twitter is hiding it from me. Maybe it's somewhere else.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Let's hope he signs with the agent as the beginning of a long, professional career in basketball.
Yup. I got a feeling he’s gonna make the jump. I can’t blame him. He’s got a family to take care of. I think he will have a long career between Europe and the NBA. At some point a team will sign him!
While it’ll be hard to replace him, I think we have enough talent to ease the pain and a guy like will fill that alpha win at all cost mentality.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck

The "I'm Back" comment is exactly the type of response to a tough year that we would need to see. It shows that he hasn't given up and is going to try to make a push. Good for him.

Notice in the photo that a defender is wearing jersey # 10. That was Jose's number. Is that Coleman? I think the other defender is Miles Kelly.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
So much for the "Devoe isn't that great of a defender" narrative.

On another note, here's one thing that's certain under this staff: If you don't make defense a priority, you're probably not getting a lot of minutes.
We've had 2 players win ACC DPOY (Lammers, Alvarado). And has had a player on the all defensive team every single year since he's taken over (Lammers, Lammers, Banks, Banks, Alvarado/Wright).

I don't think Okogie would be on an NBA roster if it wasn't for his really solid defensive play either.

Pastner's staff has a really good track record on D.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck

Ummm, not to micturate in the party's punch bowl, but how is that ranking derived? How is Alvarado not on that list?

I'll stick to the narrative, Devoe is a good player but he has not been an elite defensive player.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Ummm, not to micturate in the party's punch bowl, but how is that ranking derived? How is Alvarado not on that list?

I'll stick to the narrative, Devoe is a good player but he has not been an elite defensive player.
Alvarado isn't playing in the ACC this year.