Returning players for 2021-22

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Need those! Gotta get some new hoop shoes for a simmer league I got talked into.... Hope these 43 year old knees can hold up!

Advice for anyone over 35 still playing anything more than driveway hoops with their kids, wives or grandmas....the three point line is your friend. Anything inside that is potential for ligament damage. And whatever you do, make sure to never jump. Keep the soles of your shoes so close to the ground that you could not slip a piece of notebook paper under them. If you get a rebound it's because it was kicked or somehow bounced out to you. How do I know these things? It's because I ignored similar advice when I was your age. Letting go, it's hard to do but it's peaceful in the long run. I think Dennis Scott was wise before his time. He played this game as a mere youth. I bet he can get out of bed without stiff and sore ankles. which is something many of us rec league players can't say. And Dennis cashed checks.

Take care my friend...it's a damn jungle out there.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Advice for anyone over 35 still playing anything more than driveway hoops with their kids, wives or grandmas....the three point line is your friend. Anything inside that is potential for ligament damage. And whatever you do, make sure to never jump. Keep the soles of your shoes so close to the ground that you could not slip a piece of notebook paper under them. If you get a rebound it's because it was kicked or somehow bounced out to you. How do I know these things? It's because I ignored similar advice when I was your age. Letting go, it's hard to do but it's peaceful in the long run. I think Dennis Scott was wise before his time. He played this game as a mere youth. I bet he can get out of bed without stiff and sore ankles. which is something many of us rec league players can't say. And Dennis cashed checks.

Take care my friend...it's a damn jungle out there.
Everything you said is all facts. Lol.
I went from being a quick PG with really good ball handling skills (Waiting for the immature crowd to make a comment lol) with an average J, to a pure spot up, stand still, done move, catch and shoot and stand in the same spot til my team comes back down on offense, guy. Lol. And I could dunk easily. Now if I slap the glass on a layup I’m happy. And it has to be the low backboard like in high schools, not these college boards.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Glad to see Meka. The Athletic had an early preseason ACC ranking today — we were picked to finish 8th — and it did not list either Meka or Maxwell on the roster.
Love to see the disrespect. We have enough alpha males returning to use that as a chip on their shoulder. I think we finish in the top 5 of the league this year.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Sturdivant looks like he lost a little baby fat that he had previously. Looks a good bit leaner. I could be wrong but I guess we will see.

I think he can take Alvarados spot on the offensive end but there are very few guys that are 6 feet that can body up to a 6’7+ guy and win those battles. He has such quick hands.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Got caught going Zoom casual in the basketball shorts and polo a couple weeks ago. Walked away from a client Zoom call for a bio break. Thought I turned the camera off... all I did was mute myself :banghead:

Oh that's amateur-hour, sir. Always assume the camera's on, bro.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Got caught going Zoom casual in the basketball shorts and polo a couple weeks ago. Walked away from a client Zoom call for a bio break. Thought I turned the camera off... all I did was mute myself :banghead:
I’ve had a few instances of yelling at my kids thinking I was on mute. Luckily it was internal with my team and resulted in a few laughs.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The nice thing about Zoom is you can come in from a run or bike ride, slip on a nice shirt, make sure your hair is OK, and you are ready. Well, I had a 9:30 board meeting and came in from my bike ride just in time to turn on Zoom while I changed clothes. The meeting was at 9!