Returning players for 2021-22

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think Saba and Howard will surprise some next season. With Reveno's track record and normal offseason I am not worried about the 5.
I agree with you, but I expect their performance to be inconsistent, especially on offense. Saba seems to lack assertiveness on both ends. Perhaps that is simply his youth and will improve once he has more experience. Howard can play, but makes too many mistakes on defense. If that improves he could be decent player. Not great, but well above what he was last year.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
When a team loses a first team All-ACC player, it is a knee jerk reaction to wonder how you replace that production with a replacement player. But that is usually not how it works.

The next team is a new team, and the loss of production off the last team is replaced by a new team identity of the new team as a whole.

So, it is not a matter of Howard, Saba or Meka doing what Moses did, rather is about a new collection of talent presenting new match-up difficulties for opponents.

I will delay making any detailed comments on next year's team until the dust settles. But the way I look at it, even if none of Moses, Alvarado or Devoe come back the team still looks to start 4 star talent at four spots on the floor and with another on the bench. That is more overall talent on the floor at the same time than we have had under Pastner or at GT in a long time. It may not be proven talent, but it is talent. And our staff gets guys better.

So, it is less a matter of replacing guys than it is about getting the talent we know will be here to come together and play well to get the production we need on both ends to keep winning.

I'm not sweating next year at all. Rather, I am excited already.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
I agree with you, but I expect their performance to be inconsistent, especially on offense. Saba seems to lack assertiveness on both ends. Perhaps that is simply his youth and will improve once he has more experience. Howard can play, but makes too many mistakes on defense. If that improves he could be decent player. Not great, but well above what he was last year.
I get what you saying but Saba played a total of 30 min or so for the season so not much to go on.

GT_EE78

Banned
never heard of him.
he missed Meka too, in addition to maxwell.
still interesting, i enjoyed
he said rankings change daily yet he forgot to include the publishing date .....
any idea which day this was published?

Lightbulb

Jolly Good Fellow
never heard of him.
he missed Meka too, in addition to maxwell.
still interesting, i enjoyed
he said rankings change daily yet he forgot to include the publishing date .....
any idea which day this was published?

Rothstein has done a bunch of stuff for CBS for about a decade or so. And it looks like the article was published on 4/17

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I’d hate to see Mo be the first ACC POTY go undrafted. I think he will and can impress enough to get someone to take a flyer on him in the 2nd rd tho. Jose OTOH I’m not sure would get drafted. He’s a legend here and a great player but his size, lack of athleticism and not really being able to break a defender down off the dribble will hurt. Now, a year or two in the G League or Europe will really help getting picked up but I unfortunately can’t see anyone drafting him.
And no, this isn’t me hating on the kids, it’s my trained eye from 35 plus years of playing. Lol