Remembering the nonshutout streak

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The AJC article

382 games without being shutout at home

I wonder how many people were there that day in 1957 when the last shutout at home occurred and there this past Saturday when the streak ended?

I was at the last shutout, on the road at FSU in 1997 and in the stands this past Saturday. I wonder how many other people can make that claim?

Animal02

Banned
The AJC article

I wonder how many people were there that day in 1957 when the last shutout at home occurred and there this past Saturday when the streak ended?

I was at the last shutout, on the road at FSU in 1997 and in the stands this past Saturday. I wonder how many other people can make that claim?
@Supersizethatorder-mutt probably was, he would have been middle aged then. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
The AJC article

What I'm hearing is that the shutouts are your fault :)

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Looked it up and the Jackets were shut out four times in 1957.

There were two scoreless ties, with SMU and Florida, a loss to Auburn 0-3, and a loss to Ugag 0-7. Scored 75 points all year, but allowed only 71. 4-4-2 record.

And you thought our offense was bad this year...

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
True, but you also have to factor in the typical number of points scored at the time. Back then 21-14 was barn-burner... :)