Remember

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
the year 2014 at this same time, when most of us were out of our minds with anticipation for what a Justin Thomas led offense would be like for us and whether we would be any good? The situation for me is very familiar. Hopefully the outcome will be as well. Every team is different, not only year in and year out, but week to week, so, there are few (to none) conclusions that can be drawn in any case. Such is the nature of the sport we love.

At this moment, I am sitting on my back patio enjoying an adult beverage, albeit a small one (driving soon), before heading off to the Paul Johnson radio show. The sense of anticipation for me comes in second only to the very first show I attended back in that preview to the 2014 season. Then, the entire production was an unknown for me. I was just so happy to be back in ATL and involved in GT sports at any level. Now that I have been to probably two dozen such shows, the newness has worn off, but because of the unique transition into our season, I almost have butterflies. I don't expect to get answers to the classified questions and to be truthful, I would rather wait, than to have the hated enemy know as well. The end result is what matters. I don't much get into season record predictions, but I am exceedingly interested to hear what CPJ has to say and how much he is willing to share.

Last edited:

Animal02

Banned
Well I am sitting in the Skyclub lounge having adult beverages waiting for the storms to clear so I can fly home. I have high hopes for the season....bring the family to homecoming this year. (Though this will be the third year in a row the new SIL will be attending a Tech game with me...if we lose again, he will be 0-3 and no longer invited :D.)

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Well I am sitting in the Skyclub lounge having adult beverages waiting for the storms to clear so I can fly home. I have high hopes for the season....bring the family to homecoming this year. (Though this will be the third year in a row the new SIL will be attending a Tech game with me...if we lose again, he will be 0-3 and no longer invited :D.)

what is a SIL?

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
the year 2014 at this same time, when most of us were out of our minds with anticipation for what a Justin Thomas led offense would like for us and whether we would be any good? The situation for me is very familiar. Hopefully the outcome will be as well. Every team is different, not only year in and year out, but week to week, so, there are few (to none) conclusions that can be drawn in any case. Such is the nature of the sport we love.

At this moment, I am sitting on my back patio enjoying an adult beverage, albeit a small one (driving soon), before heading off to the Paul Johnson radio show. The sense of anticipation for me comes in second only to the very first show I attended back in that preview to the 2014 season. Then, the entire production was an unknown for me. I was just so happy to be back in ATL and involved in GT sports at any level. Now that I have been to probably two dozen such shows, the newness has worn off, but because of the unique transition into our season, I almost have butterflies. I don't expect to get answers to the classified questions and to be truthful, I would rather wait, than to have the hated enemy know as well. The end result is what matters. I don't much get into season record predictions, but I am exceedingly interested to hear what CPJ has to say and how much he is willing to share.
Man, we're going to miss you guys tonight! We're going to try to listen via the app.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
the year 2014 at this same time, when most of us were out of our minds with anticipation for what a Justin Thomas led offense would like for us and whether we would be any good? The situation for me is very familiar. Hopefully the outcome will be as well. Every team is different, not only year in and year out, but week to week, so, there are few (to none) conclusions that can be drawn in any case. Such is the nature of the sport we love.

I suppose I get what you're saying regarding "sharing", though I have often thought the enemy knows all that stuff already. But I do wonder. With a fan base that is somewhere south of Clemson or Georgia, for instance, a local newspaper that to its shame has given up all hope of actually being the local newspaper -- meaning who or what is going to tell us what is going on with the GT football program, and with apologies, this board can't do it -- with the abrupt dismissal of a running back that a lot of us on the board thought might be an AA before he left school -- confusion, at least to the fan base, about the QB spot, compounded by an injury to the once-front runner, and a coach who frankly sometimes acts as though fans are just a necessary evil and get the mushroom treatment -- and I am obligated to say, again, that I am a Johnson fan if not always an ally -- we are going into a season less than a week away with about as much enthusiasm from what I can see as waiting for your HS tennis team to play. I can be wrong and often am, but that's what I see.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Ah yes, the year was 15 and we were walking on to he beautiful ND campus. We were treated marvoulusly by the nd folks and our team gave them them great trepidation. I regaled them w tales of Orange bowl exploits as well as recent lopsided victories.

I explained that in mid season 14 coach had finally decided to go with massive line men instead of the smaller athletic guys. He had figured this out about half way thru 14 when we added Erin Joe and Shamire Devine the large center and right guard. With these guys we just mowed down the defense the rest of the year. Well someone for got to tell the ND team to be scared.

Coach had cautioned us that The young kids are talented but don't be to hyped by The "plug and play" idea. With lots of injuries 15 was a rough year and the online had to be redone during the last half - will and trey. The other teams had adjusted but our young guys never backed down during a 3-9 season
What happened then is coach vowed to FIX It - stem to stern. What followed was

Another Great recruiting effort ,
New young coaches added in backfield and one to help for seawalk,
and open competition for all positions.

In 16 Continuous improvement was demanded by coach!!! By end of year we were 9-3 With players that were the players dishing it out.

NOW i n 17 we face a new challenge. New players. New opposing schemes., attrition. What we have for sure is one constant - coach. He tells it like it is.

When adversity strikes he will not back down and neither will any of his players.

With that let's tune into gt radio for the first show to here from our coach and find out about our team.

As Jerry's Says
GO Jackets!

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
After all that hype it was a huge letdown. I couldn't hear a thing in there and decided to leave early so I could listen on the radio in the car on the way home. Haha. Then, back in the car, the normal stations were running the Braves game and the alternates barely came in at all. So, as it stands now, I still don't know what was said. Doooh! With all this said, it was great to chat before the show with the regulars. I got hugs from "prez" and "alley cat" so I am all good.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
After all that hype it was a huge letdown. I couldn't hear a thing in there and decided to leave early so I could listen on the radio in the car on the way home. Haha. Then, back in the car, the normal stations were running the Braves game and the alternates barely came in at all. So, as it stands now, I still don't know what was said. Doooh! With all this said, it was great to chat before the show with the regulars. I got hugs from "prez" and "alley cat" so I am all good.
Awwww...man. Now I really know I missed it. Those are 2 good ladies.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

It seems to me about everything but Andy and the ads were posted in this thread.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
nothing to glean from the show

CPJ is now advertising for BMW

Andy likes to talk alot about meaningless and time consuming words to fill time. He must have learned that at Cuse.