remaining wins....

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think we will beat Duke. More growing pains ahead.
Watch the Puke/Cuse game? They had 645 had total offense, 363 on the ground. They seem to have decided that since they can't pass effectively, they'll just try to run over everybody for the rest of the year. Oh, and they held Cuse to 283 yards total O as well.

I think they'll be a tough out by the time we play them.

We could beat them, however, and NCSU too. I don't think much of our chances for the rest of the schedule, especially Pitt, the Tiggers, da U, and ND. With a little luck, no relapses, and their usual offensive fumbling around, we could win against BC. But, as Paul used to say, that's why you play the games. We'll see.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
We definitely upset ND or Miami. I am thinking ND because Miami won't take us lightly like last year, and ND plays Clemson right after us so they will be overlooking us. Not to mention they struggled at home against FSU up until the 4th quarter.
ND always struggles at home. And they almost always win too. I don't know why that is, but it seems to be Kelly's trademark.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
We definitely upset ND or Miami. I am thinking ND because Miami won't take us lightly like last year, and ND plays Clemson right after us so they will be overlooking us. Not to mention they struggled at home against FSU up until the 4th quarter.
Neither of them are going to take us lightly after we light up Clempson this weekend!!!!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
What happened to all the confidence in the team? So much doom and gloom here.
What is this confidence of which you speak? You did watch last year, right? And we are 2 - 2 this year. Not much ground for confidence we'll win yet.

I have boundless confidence in the team's effort and competitive fire, however.

Scubapro

Banned
Notre Dame struggled against FSU AT Notre Dame for like 3/4 of the game... I think we have more than a 20% chance to beat ND.
The transitive principle doesn't apply to football as much as folks would like to think. FSU, as is most everyone, was fired up to play against Notre Dame. FSU also knew they had much to play for in that game...lose and you are the door mat...win and you are still relevant.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Good point.
How cool would it be to win, say 4 games and two of them would be against Miami and FSU? It could happen. Not likely, but could.
You are entitled, as everyone to your opinion. That does not mean that I share it. I believe we will lose all three of Clemson, Notre Dame, and Miami. The others are winnable and can be lost as well.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
After today's game I would agree. And frankly I kind of hope so on the off chance we can maybe get Patenaude fired and get a different OC who isn't conservative.
We’re losing 73-7 & you’re blaming the offensive coordinator ? But that’s just the consensus on here , keep blaming him ! Why don’t we wake up &
Wonder if we hired the right HC

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
It will be really interested to see how they respond to this. If they come out poorly against Boston College and then have to face Notre Dame, we could easily not win another game. If we can beat Boston College (and we clearly will be an underdog), then maybe we can get 2 or 3 more wins. But the psyche has to be a complete mess right now and I am not sure how easy it will be to get them positive enough to compete.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
It will be really interested to see how they respond to this. If they come out poorly against Boston College and then have to face Notre Dame, we could easily not win another game. If we can beat Boston College (and we clearly will be an underdog), then maybe we can get 2 or 3 more wins. But the psyche has to be a complete mess right now and I am not sure how easy it will be to get them positive enough to compete.
Tell them Boston college is much closer to the team you beat by 3 scores

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
The only critique with the OC calls was I think Clemson was sitting on short and intermediate passes. We hit one long pass and Brown was open on another. I think we should have tried more long passes to loosen up the tight coverage on the short passes. Realistically it wouldn't have made a lot of difference against Clemson but I do think we need to spread our future opponents defenses out.