remaining wins....

Well, let's be blunt, it all hinges on can we limit mistakes and turnovers and make adjustments.
For argument sake let's say we do.
Wins
Pitt
Duke
NC State
BC

Maybe Miami
Losses
Clemson ND.

Now if we revert in all these games we could lose every one of them
The toughest of the maybe wins. BC.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Lose to Clemson.
40/60 W vs ND
50/50 W vs Miami They’ll lose two more before we play them and they’ll quit and Hard Rock will remain socially distant.
50/50 vs Pitt. They have a strong D but seem to be fading fast.
Win @ BC, vs Duke @ NC St
I’m going with 6-5 overall.
Why?

Attachments

• 316AC62A-FCBA-4B4B-A695-5FEEBD21DD7D.jpeg
    316AC62A-FCBA-4B4B-A695-5FEEBD21DD7D.jpeg
    328.5 KB · Views: 59

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Aside from UCF we have probably played the easiest games on our schedule. I don't see much of a chance against Clemson or ND. The rest are winnable but will be tough. 5 wins seems like the ceiling to me. Needed that Syracuse win to get above .500.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Aside from UCF we have probably played the easiest games on our schedule. I don't see much of a chance against Clemson or ND. The rest are winnable but will be tough. 5 wins seems like the ceiling to me. Needed that Syracuse win to get above .500.
I tend to agree with you pretty much across the board, here. Maybe we'll see a couple of those other teams look better or worse as the season rolls on and they play more teams but at the moment I think you've nailed it.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Should win 2 among Pitt, BC, Duke, NC St. 3 is possible. These are okay teams, but nothing too frightening. Could possibly steal one sgainst Miami, but King will be tough for our defense.

5-6 would be ok.

Nice rephrasing of your previous attempt.

Deleted member 2897

We win the games we do by scoring more, that’s why. 🤷‍♂️ We apparently have a 5% chance of beating Clemson according to the computers. Outside of them, every other game on our schedule is winnable. If we play like we played against Syracuse, every remaining game on our schedule is losable.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
If I'm ranking our remaining opponents in terms of odds to win, it looks something like this:

Duke
BC
NCSU
Pitt
Miami
ND
Clemson

I playing like we did against Lville, I think 3 more wins is reasonable. Likely Duke, one of NCSU/BC, and then surprise someone else.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Losing to Cuse REally hurts our chances of a bowl, thats part of starting a freshman qb i guess. Like most everyone else i think Clempson and ND are longshots, ND less so, thats our chance to get a BIG upset. The rest of these games are tossups, IF Sims continues to improve, mature and limits the turnovers we are going to score plenty of points on everybody (Except prob Clem), the real question is can our defense get better? Get good at SOMEthing like stopping the run for God’s sake! Field goal and XP Kicking game is going to bite us hard too if some Kind of drastic Improvement is not made.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Losing to Cuse REally hurts our chances of a bowl, thats part of starting a freshman qb i guess. Like most everyone else i think Clempson and ND are longshots, ND less so, thats our chance to get a BIG upset. The rest of these games are tossups, IF Sims continues to improve, mature and limits the turnovers we are going to score plenty of points on everybody (Except prob Clem), the real question is can our defense get better? Get good at SOMEthing like stopping the run for God’s sake! Field goal and XP Kicking game is going to bite us hard too if some Kind of drastic Improvement is not made.
Bowl games will not require 5-6 wins this year. In theory if a 3 or 4 win team can draw viewers they may go over better teams.

From how I understand it.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Nothing is guaranteed - we can lose all of them, but I believe BC, Duke, & NC State could be wins if we don't beat ourselves.

If we continue to improve and stay healthy, an outside chance of upsetting Pitt or Miami. Both of these teams have good D's that might cause our young O some issues. So, I doubt we win either, but it is not beyond the realm of possibility.

Before the season started, I said 4 wins should occur, if this staff is making progress. I also said that if they win 5 or more, I will consider this a very successful year. I still stand behind those statements.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
Any team who plays sloppy defense is our best bet. Below are some thoughts based on conference stat rankings - this should be somewhat discounted b/c we played a formidable OOC opponents in UCF when pretty much everyone else played a FCS opponent that artificially inflates their stats.

Duke is the highest chance - they're ranked pretty poorly for both offense and defense. I would say NC State is our next best chance - they are giving up a lot of pts on defense. BC and Pitt are tough b/c they play good defense - ranked 3rd & 4th in the ACC for pts per game.

I think Miami is super overrated - not saying we'll beat them. But they gave up 34 pts to UL. Their statement win (destroying FSU 52-10) came at home w/ FSU's HC out w/ COVID and FSU player turmoil / turnover.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Of all the teams left I'd love to beat Miami. It would be nice to beat Clempson, and we'd all lose our freaking minds, but the national press would say 'fluke' not 'wow, GT is getting it together!' So for the program a Miami or ND win is best, and of the two nothing would warm my heart more than beating Miami (now that the Dogs chickened out of playing us.)