Remainder of 2018 season

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I have 3 questions for the forum.

1. What improvements have you seen this year from 1st game to now.

2. What's one idea to help get fans in the seats next year, and what will you do to carry out the idea to those who can make something happen?

3. How many more wins do we have in us?

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

2. What's one idea to help get fans in the seats next year, and what will you do to carry out the idea to those who can make something happen?

1. I haven’t seen enough consistent improvement in any area to say for sure that there is an upward trend in any area. Everything seems a little random (chaotic) to me.

2. Free beer. I really don’t know.

3. Two. UNC and they will win 1 out 3 against VT, Miami, and UVA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Defense seems to be improving each week, for the most part. PK has definitely gotten more consistent. Give the kid a scholly!

2. Ummm...start JG the last 3 games from a shotgun formation as a promise of things to come and let the kid do his thing? I'm in the minority but am not a fan of having another run-first, run-second, run-third QB starting next year (am thinking TO). Running the ball 65 times isn't something that's going to put a ton of asses in seats. Lower ticket prices?

3. 1 or 2 (UNC, UVA). I don't see how this team, playing as it has against Pitt, Duke, and Clemson, has much of a chance against the decent defenses we will face vs Miami, VPI, mutts. For anyone who says "Yeah but if Old Dominion can....", I'll only say that ODU threw it for like 400 yards against VPI. We will not beat VPI running it 65 times. Miami - Richt has beaten much better CPJ teams with worse Richt teams than this. mutts - all mutt players, fans, and coaches can go to hell.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
1. Defense seems to be improving each week, for the most part. PK has definitely gotten more consistent. Give the kid a scholly!

2. Ummm...start JG the last 3 games from a shotgun formation as a promise of things to come and let the kid do his thing? I'm in the minority but am not a fan of having another run-first, run-second, run-third QB starting next year (am thinking TO). Running the ball 65 times isn't something that's going to put a ton of asses in seats. Lower ticket prices?

3. 1 or 2 (UNC, UVA). I don't see how this team, playing as it has against Pitt, Duke, and Clemson, has much of a chance against the decent defenses we will face vs Miami, VPI, mutts. For anyone who says "Yeah but if Old Dominion can....", I'll only say that ODU threw it for like 400 yards against VPI. We will not beat VPI running it 65 times. Miami - Richt has beaten much better CPJ teams with worse Richt teams than this. mutts - all mutt players, fans, and coaches can go to hell.

You might see a pistol set before the end of the year, if cpj has decided to use graham more. ( we can probably not use him in the UNC game and the uga game for seperate reasons I could see the unc game being like loiusville and they may have fired their coach by then, uga they seem to have more problems with the run than the pass defensively). Which means we could have 3 games of graham in a special pistol formation package that we use as a change of pace.

Spend the bye week practicing pistol flex and diamond, also I want to see a formation where we have Howard and Mason in the backfield in the pistol strong and 3 wide with Lynch Camp And Carter.

DaltonJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

1: Overall defensive play....we tackle better today than we did week 1. The kicking game is light years better than week one.
2. Idk? I don't know how you get people to come out after the last few years.
3.1 or 2 at most.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
1. Defense improves weekly as players become more comfortable in the system. Also, we can make all our XPs and maybe make a field goal if we have to.

2. Coaching change. Sorry, nothing short of that will do it.

3. Two (unc and uva)

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
1. Defense
2. Follow Duke example ... Hire Charlie Strong and promise him a total D1 $ commitment
3. Two, 1 out of UVA or UNC and 1 ala Louisville type game ... who knows maybe vs. UGAG ??

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer

1) The D is drastically improving. We do tend to make some poor mistakes (Bad tackling or falling in the secondary) but I like the direction it’s heading.
2) If PJ stays then major changes on the O staff need to be made or a tweak to the O style itself. Some diamond formations or shotgun like he did for Vad. Especially if LJ is the QB
3) I think this bye comes at a great time. We’re banged up. Work on corrective stuff (The fumbles and **** ST play as well as getting a yard on 4th and 1!) But to the original point I think we win 3. UNC , UVA and Miami. I’m not sold on VT either. We seem to be in Fuentes head but it’s a Thursday nite and Bud has 10 days to focus on us. The typical GT scenario is that we have 5 winds with UVA coming to ATL and we blow it....

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
1. I think J Thomas has figured out he is no longer in hs. Defense plays athletically when the are allowed attack w front 5 or more.
2. More buzz at bds
I sent email to t stan about having drones fly in bds - pregame and td. I think kids would love it. (FAA allows micro drones w no permits, etc) No response.

Contacted the gt autonomous drone flying club for support. No reply and then the web site was locked.

As Heisman giver I tried my contact but all he is new and only has time for is begging with different color cups.

Will rewrite and send again- maybe to prez.

3. If ol coach keeps trying to show case we have depth for 19, 1 game. Quinney and BI starting in Duke game was stupid. Are they better than Lee and Bryan? No.
Starters played every snap at usf. The defensive reads by qb are complicated due to the sophisticated defenses he can make minor errors that the young guys cant catch and adjust.

Start the best ol and then bring in the rest later. Start lee, braun , cooper, Bryan, marshall. Rotate in hansen , morgans and quinney as they are the future.
If necessary Slide lee to center to rest cooper - ditto Bryan for marshall.

What's left?
With only one good passer (uga) on schedule , we could win 4. I will say 3.

Last edited:

Jmonty71

Banned

1. The Defense has shown signs of improvement, the best, as an overall group. ST continues to crap the bed. The offense has flashes of clicking, then they go into fumble mode.

2. I think hiring a new head coach is what is needed. At this pace, too many fans are bored with CPJ's offense and how stupid it looks when not ran right.

3. 1, maybe 2. We miss going to a bowl, once again.

I think if we miss another bowl, CPJ's last year, will be next year. Just because we can't afford to fire him, right now.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I think if we miss another bowl, CPJ's last year, will be next year. Just because we can't afford to fire him, right now.

IF we can afford 500 or so to throw at an offensive cooardinator its possible CPJ hires one if we miss a bowl. He could try to innovate an offense then if it doesn't work retire at least knowing he went out fighting. Graham could run a power spread n shoot, our line can run block it. Johnson could run it too. Our lack of true tight ends is the only thing that would hurt this transition, but we could potentially pick one up this year in recruiting,

Keep the flex bone package, add the power spread/rpo and option route based run and shoot. Profit.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Defense has made some great improvements. Still inconsistent, but improved.
We have to embrace the Atlanta Culture, Maybe get some Rap Star to play at Bobby Dodd.
I only thought we would win 2 games this year, so I don't think we win another.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

1)I've not seen any consistant improvement on offense however i think the defense is starting to come around under the coaching of Coach Woody

2)Become more culturally aware like BuzzStone said and get Pop Singers,Rap and R&B artists involved in GT sports.

3)From what i've seen i think GT beats North Carolina and that's it for 2018 and GT finishes 4-8

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
1. I'm not sure if there has been any except that the D is generating turnovers better than last year. Duke is number 83 and Louisville is 122 in total offense, so the excitement over D improvement is premature. Duke totally dictated the game last weekend with our offense vs their defense. Our one scoring drive in the second half is after they went back to playing pass defense (with a 21 point lead) to make us eat up clock with the running game. Ugly.

2. It's going to take a coaching change with a coach who is upbeat and brings excitement.

3. 1 of UNC and UVA--unless the team gives up by then. We are better than UNC but it's a road game. UVa may be a little better than us but it's at home. A chance to win them both if we don't throw in the towel. Miami is an erratic team but they may have gotten that out of their system last weekend.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer

1. Improvements. The D doesn't look so helpless. And on occasion looks good. This is a bright spot.
2. Level Peters Park and create a "Grove" like they do at Ole Miss. It's perfect for tailgating and short walk. Add music and adult beverages (open carry) and it could be a fun entertainment zone. The Greeks that line it should be encouraged to add food/bev too ... and create a total party atmosphere.
3. How many more wins. I think 1. The reality is ... we just aren't very good.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
1. Defense and PK
2. Have to do something(s) to build excitement/hope for the program. This year, with a new defense, the Adidas deal, the locker room, a feeling like we were close in games last year; the fans (largely) felt like we'd take a step forward this year. Which hasn't happened. For next year- TStan is going to need to make a big gesture - For CPJ to stay, I think he is going to have to acknowledge it's not working and make major staff and scheme changes on O. And stake his job on improvement. (Don't see that happening) So, a new HC. [unfortunately, IMHO]. Long term, I'd like to see stadium improvements- real seats, entertainment areas, air conditioned refreshment zones for August noon kickoffs...
3. I'd like to say 1, but it's shaping up like 2015; wins over 2 cupcakes and the (unprepared) Atlantic crossover team. Haven't seen anything that makes me think we can beat any Coastal team, even UNC. Exhibit A: Pitt

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
IF we can afford 500 or so to throw at an offensive cooardinator its possible CPJ hires one if we miss a bowl. He could try to innovate an offense then if it doesn't work retire at least knowing he went out fighting. Graham could run a power spread n shoot, our line can run block it. Johnson could run it too. Our lack of true tight ends is the only thing that would hurt this transition, but we could potentially pick one up this year in recruiting,

Keep the flex bone package, add the power spread/rpo and option route based run and shoot. Profit.
I just can't see PJ giving up play calling. That is what he lives for.

1 Defense is getting better and the place kicking is
2. Not a good solution here as we couldn't even fill the stadium after 2009. It has been this way since the 70's. Maybe bring back band day.
3. I am going against the flow. We beat Va Tech, UNC and UVA. Miami is a nail biter. For UGA, I just don't know what they are yet.

Deleted member 2897

We will not lose this weekend. Lets celebrate and be positive. We can drink and the beer will taste good.