Redshirts?

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone have a list of players that played in <=4 games this year? Just going off my memory and not counting guys that never saw the field...

Graham
Malloy
Domineck
Dingle
Chimedza
Griffin
King
Walton

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
I checked the updated roster and it looks like we only have 5 listed as true sophomore. They have a sixth listed (PeJe Harris) but I don't recall seeing him play at all so maybe that's a mistake.

Here are the 5 and one is a walk on

Juanyeh Thomas
Charlie Thomas
Quez Jackson
Malachi Carter
Wesley Wells

Looks like the new rule worked in our favor - a lot of guys got a chance to play in a real game and we burned fewer shirts than in previous years.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Wish we would have not burned quez and carter for ST use. The other 3 definitely contributed in big ways

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I checked the updated roster and it looks like we only have 5 listed as true sophomore. They have a sixth listed (PeJe Harris) but I don't recall seeing him play at all so maybe that's a mistake.

Juanyeh Thomas
Charlie Thomas
Quez Jackson
Malachi Carter
Wesley Wells

Looks like the new rule worked in our favor - a lot of guys got a chance to play in a real game and we burned fewer shirts than in previous years.
Good job by former coaches

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow

Juanyeh Thomas
Charlie Thomas
Quez Jackson
Malachi Carter
Wesley Wells

Yep yep, Here is a list I saw before the bowl game:

https://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/2018/12/3/18122861/georgia-tech-football-redshirt-roundup

Same list that you posted.

Only Justice Dingle and Zamari Walton were at the 4 game limit and I don't see any stats for the bowl game so I'm assuming they didn't play.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
TK, Jaylon King, Mike Maye all kept theirs and will all see the field this year. Hope we get Maye some PT and Experince for when Parker leaves/ gets drafted after this year.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
From my seat at BDS I have a good view of the redshirt/scout team. My observations of the guys in sweats last season:
Austin Smith looks like he could be a monster. He made the choice with the advice of his high school coach to focus on OL because per his HS coach "The OL guys in the NFL are built like you". He passes the eye test.
Luke Johns- on the coldest night game of the year was the only guy in the ATL wearing shorts.
Jordan Domineck - got some PT early but didn't dress out down the stretch. Best dancer.

Kirvonte Benson was very active on the sideline supporting his brothers. That was good to see.