Redshirts next year for sophomores

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Do Simmons, Merriweather, or Lewis get redshirted next year for class separation?

Simmons looks good out there, but with Whitehead and Freeman holding it down...It'd be great to get some separation down the road.

Do we shirt some guys and if so, who?

TechnicalPossum

Ramblin' Wreck
If I had to guess, it will depend on where Arnee Saint-Armour goes and how well Lewis looks in the spring. If any, I would guess Merriweather would.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
I was actually thinking the same thing, with JHD and Whitehead coming on board, that might give us the opportunity to take a True Frosh that was pushed into playing and give him a year of development.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Merriweather and or Simmons will get a RS...depends on how camp goes but at least one will.

Would be nice for Simmons to get more weight...Merriweather also has a frame to grow into.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think it would be wise, so long as we can still field enough depth. Those guys could use a year to mature physically.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
As productive as Simmons looks to be a redshirt to get more weight on him would be nice. Merriweather as well.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I HOPE that both Whitehead and HDays will be eligible and factors.Based on previous academic history that can not be be assured.So then these guys will be impacted probably.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
@alaguy

Why wouldn't they be?

Whitehead has never had bad grades. - never faced the rigor of GT

JHD simply wasn't going to classes and started losing focus on things...hes been fine at tech when he tries. - showed a lack of trying once before, so it is possible....

We should assume they both will.

First of all, I think they both will be FINE....but see above why someone could be concerned....