Administrator
Staff member
So far this year
  • Dedrick Mills
  • Jalen Camp
  • Parker Braun
  • Brandon Adams

Mills/Braun have contributed on O.

Camp primarily used on kickoff return so far.

Adams played a couple series in the 4th quarter yesterday.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
The above were true frosh.

From last year's class, Desmond Branch also saw game action yesterday in the 4th quarter.

Any chance of TaQuon Marshall redshirting this year went away yesterday.

Some have asked about Emmanuel Bridges previously (early enrollee). He did not dress for yesterday's game.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The above were true frosh.

From last year's class, Desmond Branch also saw game action yesterday in the 4th quarter.

Any chance of TaQuon Marshall redshirting this year went away yesterday.

Some have asked about Emmanuel Bridges previously (early enrollee). He did not dress for yesterday's game.
If Taquan is going to be our number two QB next year, I'd rather he get some experience this year.

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
Loved seeing Adams' belly yesterday. Need more of those on the DL.
Sometimes I think with the pace the game is played today, you can only afford one of those "space eater" types, but I also think that it's more imperative than ever that you have at least one that can disrupt that zone blocking those HUNH teams do now.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Sometimes I think with the pace the game is played today, you can only afford one of those "space eater" types, but I also think that it's more imperative than ever that you have at least one that can disrupt that zone blocking those HUNH teams do now.

I hear you. Still though, I wouldn't mind having a couple to spell each other.

On burning these shirts, perhaps CPJ is tired of having redshirts end up leaving before contributing anything. May as well get something out of them while they're here.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
I was really excited when we signed Adams. He looked like factory type talent. Not a project we usually have to build up.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
After yesterday's game, I'm a little worried about MJ's reads. Plenty of times he should have pitched the ball, and the defense would collapse multiple defenders on him, but he kept the ball. He needs to learn how to trust his ABs to make plays. Some plays he got 3-4 yards on, the AB would have had a bigger gain. It 's something that's plagued him since he's been here.

Taquan is an explosive athlete. I really hope his passing improves because I'm not sure we have a better QB with the ball in his hands outside of JeT. Saw a lot of it in the Spring, but unfortunately we also saw how much he needs to improve his passing if our offense is going to execute at a high level with him under center.

Brandon Adams...man, that guy can collapse the pocket. Granted he was doing it against guys who would have a hard time making our 3rd team, but he atleast showed the ability to create havoc more than the starters did yesterday.

Jalen Camp...hope he does more than just special teams. Hate wasting an SA's eligibility on just special teams. Hopefully he's getting reps at WR, even if it's just blocking.

Jr Braun looked good. Reminds me of Will Bryan last year...probably not 100% sure of where he's going, but he's doing it at 100 MPH. Plays with a nasty attitude. Should be a good one, and certainly a good guy to have to help at OG this year.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
After yesterday's game, I'm a little worried about MJ's reads. Plenty of times he should have pitched the ball, and the defense would collapse multiple defenders on him, but he kept the ball. He needs to learn how to trust his ABs to make plays. Some plays he got 3-4 yards on, the AB would have had a bigger gain. It 's something that's plagued him since he's been here.

Taquan is an explosive athlete. I really hope his passing improves because I'm not sure we have a better QB with the ball in his hands outside of JeT. Saw a lot of it in the Spring, but unfortunately we also saw how much he needs to improve his passing if our offense is going to execute at a high level with him under center.

Brandon Adams...man, that guy can collapse the pocket. Granted he was doing it against guys who would have a hard time making our 3rd team, but he atleast showed the ability to create havoc more than the starters did yesterday.

Jalen Camp...hope he does more than just special teams. Hate wasting an SA's eligibility on just special teams. Hopefully he's getting reps at WR, even if it's just blocking.

Jr Braun looked good. Reminds me of Will Bryan last year...probably not 100% sure of where he's going, but he's doing it at 100 MPH. Plays with a nasty attitude. Should be a good one, and certainly a good guy to have to help at OG this year.

I agree with you about MJ's reads in general but yesterday CPJ said he told MJ to run the ball downhill and he was following CPJ's orders. Coach agreed when questioned in the post game interview that there was bigger yardage to make if MJ made more pitches but his orders to keep it and run were followed according to CPJ.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I agree with you about MJ's reads in general but yesterday CPJ said he told MJ to run the ball downhill and he was following CPJ's orders. Coach agreed when questioned in the post game interview that there was bigger yardage to make if MJ made more pitches but his orders to keep it and run were followed according to CPJ.

Yep...just read that in another thread. I think we saw the same with Taquan as well.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Lee looked athletic and larger than I thought he would be.

I hope this added depth improves our practice. Remember that jabari helped the 2014 team.