Reddit Exciting Offense Thread

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I just thought this was interesting. A non-American searching for a favorite team asked the college football subreddit what they think is the most exciting offense to watch. I walked in fully expecting to see Baylor, TCU, Oregon, etc. as the top answers. While they are mentioned, there's an overwhelmingly support for our offense. Maybe it doesn't resonate with everyone, but it's cool to see how much football addicts enjoy it. We've got so many dynamic players right now that I can't wait to see how the next couple years look. Will be exciting, to say the least.

http://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/2ydj03/in_your_opinion_which_team_has_the_most_exciting/

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Enjoyed reading that, what we did on the biggest stages really caught the eye of alot of people. Most Uga fans dont watch GT until we play them. But alot of people watched the ACCCG, hoping we would knock FSU out, then watched us againt Miss st hoping to see the "sec" shut us down. We really looked like a juggernaut, especially in the bowl game. JT made alot of fans that night. He has that swagger that he's just better than everybody and gonna play at his best in the biggest moments. Gonna be a fun ride for the next 2 years.

Last edited:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I remember when CPJ first came here, the popular saying was "Wait until CPJ gets his guys in, and he installs his entire playbook...watch out."

2014 was the first time I can remember where we had large stretches where we ran at will, and when we had to pass, we had an effective passing game that made the plays we needed. It wasn't like the earlier years where we crossed our fingers on 3rd and long and Nesbitt just chucked it down field hoping Demaryius would be Demaryius. When you lead the nation in the least 3 and outs (by a pretty good margin) in the most explosive era for offenses, that pretty much makes a statement on where this offense stands.

I still think we have a few more levels to go with this offense, as last year was more getting back to what CPJ does best. If last year was just "getting back to the basics", the next few years will be even more fun with JeT's maturation, all the speed we're loading up with at the skill positions, and talent at OL we're beginning to stack.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Our offense gained a lot of popularity on the college football subreddit after the ACCCG and the Orange Bowl. It's nice to get broadcasted in good time slots

Squints

Helluva Engineer
The college football subreddit usually seems to have a positive opinion of GT. I'm not entirely sure why that's the case but I'm not complaining.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Our offense gained a lot of popularity on the college football subreddit after the ACCCG and the Orange Bowl. It's nice to get broadcasted in good time slots

It's nice to have a good showing on a big stage. That has not always been the case over the last few seasons. Or maybe I am just remembering too many Thursday night games against VT.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
It's nice to have a good showing on a big stage. That has not always been the case over the last few seasons. Or maybe I am just remembering too many Thursday night games against VT.

Chick Fil A bowl against LSU? I was there. It was rough.

Orange Bowl against the mountain known as Adrian Clayborn

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Chick Fil A bowl against LSU? I was there. It was rough.

Orange Bowl against the mountain known as Adrian Clayborn
I could be wrong because it was a long day. IMO Clay born was on left side by himself and we keep trying to run his way or off the right guard - what a beast. In fourth we ran dive off right tackle and the pitch and got off several good runs .

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The college football subreddit usually seems to have a positive opinion of GT. I'm not entirely sure why that's the case but I'm not complaining.

We are winning.

I like this:
"
Sutageito 5 points 21 hours ago

My vote is for Manziel's Texas A&M offense. You never knew what was going to happen, but you knew it was most likely going to end in a touchdown.

This year I'd go for Georgia Tech. It's always nice seeing old school football played at a high level."

First time I read it I saw High School ......

Whatllyahave

Georgia Tech Fan
I have always loved the triple option. A boring fullback dive can turn into a 30 yard burst at any time. Then the pitch/keep option creates the potential for a really long gain. When operating at full efficiency it is a thing of beauty.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
We are winning.

I've been on there for years and the positive attitude towards us has been around far longer than just this year. If you feel like dealing with reddit's awful search look at older threads involving favorite fight song, second favorite team, or favorite team in each conference. GT is always one of the top schools mentioned. I think the winning just pushed it to the next level.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
agreed Squints..

I think the CPJ bandwagon is going to be filling up over the next few years. America loves a story about someone doing it right AND well

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
At last! Option fans are coming out of the bushes. MSU didn't like it because the state pen is in Starkville and is full of 3rd time offenders.

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
I've been on there for years and the positive attitude towards us has been around far longer than just this year. If you feel like dealing with reddit's awful search look at older threads involving favorite fight song, second favorite team, or favorite team in each conference. GT is always one of the top schools mentioned. I think the winning just pushed it to the next level.

Yeah, I think most impartial outsiders recognize that we're a unique school in that we (generally) do things the right way, we honor scholarships to injured recruits, we have done consistently well over two decades despite the recruiting challenges, we recruit upstanding young men who exemplify "student athlete" in the era of minor league factory football. In short, we're an easy team to root for - especially when we can stick it to the perennial darlings.

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
Funny that the Georgia U. guy says "I like football where the OC plays a chess match against the DC." then says he dislikes the "triple option" without giving a reason.