TDearman29

Georgia Tech Fan
Our recruiting classes tend to be at the bottom of the ACC. CPJ has made good of what we can get with his unique system. If you fire him and hire someone else then we will be at the bottom. We currently have 2 ESPN 300 commits for 2017. OG Parker Braun, who can be good, was our only ESPN 300 recruit from 2016, who was an 81 grade. Can we recruit better, because if we don't, we will never step to the next level.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school?id=59

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Our recruiting classes tend to be at the bottom of the ACC. CPJ has made good of what we can get with his unique system. If you fire him and hire someone else then we will be at the bottom. We currently have 2 ESPN 300 commits for 2017. OG Parker Braun, who can be good, was our only ESPN 300 recruit from 2016, who was an 81 grade. Can we recruit better, because if we don't, we will never step to the next level.

No, we cannot. Maybe occasionally we can, but not consistently. We definitely have to get some P5 LBs and DL's and fast.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
... so you're saying that the Jimmies and Joes matter ;). Not knocking any players on the team, but you are correct.

The horse has been beaten many times... academics being the #1 issue for GT compared to other P5 schools, etc.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
One of those Ls shoulda been a W. I won't claim that on the other 2 losses but we shoulda beat Pitt. More than one bounce went against us apparently (I still haven't watched it but I've heard plenty from those who have)

GTFLETCH

Banned

Along with the fact that high school players who considers college nothing more than "the NFL minor league" are looking for the easiest route to that ultimate goal, the NFL, recruits do not want to wrestle with the academic rigors at GT, so we do not get 5 star recuits. The reason we got Calvin johnson was his family valued the Tech degree!!

CPJ has been great!!

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Under good circumstances we could be around 35th in recruiting rankings.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Along with the fact that high school players who considers college nothing more than "the NFL minor league" are looking for the easiest route to that ultimate goal, the NFL, recruits do not want to wrestle with the academic rigors at GT, so we do not get 5 star recuits. The reason we got Calvin johnson was his family valued the Tech degree!!

CPJ has been great!!

And qualified high school S/As who also like to dream of the NFL automatically scratch us off due to the system we run.

We cut our own throats.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
And qualified high school S/As who also like to dream of the NFL automatically scratch us off due to the system we run.

We cut our own throats.

The "scheme" logic only applies to the O I think. Not to D or ST as there is not a unique "scheme" there.

And the O is a lot better than the D.

So I can't blame the O scheme impact on O recruiting for bad D performance. The D is where we cut our throats.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
So I can't blame the O scheme impact on O recruiting for bad D performance. The D is where we cut our throats.

Whether it affects us or not on the D side is for the recruits to say, but I have heard that other schools negative recruit our D prospects by saying our offense doesn't give them a good look against NFL concepts, and that our cut blocking puts them at risk during practices. Again, whether that plays a role in why some of the higher level D prospects don't come here is for them to say, but it is out there.