Recruiting staffer leaves for Arizona

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The more successful a program gets, the more attractive each member of our staff gets...and that includes non coaching staff.

Take it as a compliment because it means we're on the right track.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
This must have been the dude from Texas that was going to be a pipeline for players from Texas. Well, I never heard about even ONE offer but certainly no signee. Big loss it seems.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
This must have been the dude from Texas that was going to be a pipeline for players from Texas. Well, I never heard about even ONE offer but certainly no signee. Big loss it seems.

I think the impact of recruiting staff gets exaggerated with the breathless updates from football factories adding their Nth recruiting staffer or a well-connected coach from so-and-so region. I think the reality is that you need go-getters that can really help host kids on campus (especially the influx of unofficial visits), so on the spectrum of coaches, probably better served by someone with energy and mentality of a GA than a 5-time high school championship coach.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
He was in player development at gt.

Now he is in recruiting at arizona- some type coordinator and high school relation function.

Hope he does well .

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
I think the impact of recruiting staff gets exaggerated with the breathless updates from football factories adding their Nth recruiting staffer or a well-connected coach from so-and-so region. I think the reality is that you need go-getters that can really help host kids on campus (especially the influx of unofficial visits), so on the spectrum of coaches, probably better served by someone with energy and mentality of a GA than a 5-time high school championship coach.
No. What the expanded recruiting staff does is give you extra eyes going over tape, evaluating more players and helping the coaching staff cast a wider but more effective net. It’s proven to work in today’s game and if we work with a hand tied behind our back we will still come up short even with what appears to be a staff that’s made up of great recruiters.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Bottom line with recruiting is that if you struggle to get the players at the top of your list, you need to cast a wider net to find those diamonds in the rough or late bloomers or underrated players. If you're continually competing and winning the recruiting war for your top choices, you don't have to cast that wider net. So, if CGC can sign his first line/top of the board guys, he doesn't need the extensive recruiting staff other may to be successful.

All this being said, there's a reason Alabama, Georgia, and Clemson have a huge recruiting staff. Every little bit helps. We need to catch up or quit pretending.