Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Happened to Kam Holsey who was a high flyer in HS

Happened to Theodis Tarver who was a really good shot blocker in HS

Happened to Dion Glover but he never played at GTech again after it happened

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
He could shoot in HS. His SR yr in NE prep league (which used college rules and 3-pt line) he shot 39% from three (and almost 90% from the line). i think his injury just took it away from him. His stroke and his leg lift has not looked the same since he got hurt than his film looked before he got hurt.
it does happen. Happened to Jeremis Smith with a different type of leg injury. To watch his HS film is to see someone who looks like the second coming of Ish with a little more skill. After his injuries he had to re-build his game based on a below the rim strength game and be more of an undersized 4 than a high flying 3.
I just looked back at his HS video and I respectfully disagree about his shot. In high school he had the same chest shot he does now. He got little or no elevation, but it worked against HS competition. At Tech he has to hurry that shot even on the occasions he has space to launch it. I think we are trying to put too much blame on his injury.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
He could shoot in HS. His SR yr in NE prep league (which used college rules and 3-pt line) he shot 39% from three (and almost 90% from the line). i think his injury just took it away from him. His stroke and his leg lift has not looked the same since he got hurt than his film looked before he got hurt.
it does happen. Happened to Jeremis Smith with a different type of leg injury. To watch his HS film is to see someone who looks like the second coming of Ish with a little more skill. After his injuries he had to re-build his game based on a below the rim strength game and be more of an undersized 4 than a high flying 3.

I liked Jorg from his tape.Size was a question I had about him.But-Actually showed passing and 3 pt unlike a certain PG from Fla that basically "dunked".

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Glover played his freshman year at Tech. He got injured just before the start of his sophomore season then elected to turn pro afterwards.
I thought I remembered he was hurt before his freshman year and then went pro after he rehabbed his knee. Just remember I was pissed that he left after staying to fix his knee. Regardless, I remember being very disappointed. 1st round pick after sitting out a year rehabbing a torn knee...what could have been.

I knew I might have been mis-remembering, but was too lazy to go back and look.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I thought I remembered he was hurt before his freshman year and then went pro after he rehabbed his knee. Just remember I was pissed that he left after staying to fix his knee. Regardless, I remember being very disappointed. 1st round pick after sitting out a year rehabbing a torn knee...what could have been.

I knew I might have been mis-remembering, but was too lazy to go back and look.

Happens. My disappointment was similar at the time. That contributed to the lull at the end of the SHW years