recruiting classes and off topic posts

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
That is when I know a difference has been made - when we get multiple consensus 4-star guys especially on the DL.

I fully anticipate that our recruiting will see an uptick. How much is TBD. It took Dabo a few years to get it going at Clemson, it's not gonna happen overnight here.... but I do anticipate better recruiting results.

AlaGTech

Jolly Good Fellow
I fully anticipate that our recruiting will see an uptick. How much is TBD. It took Dabo a few years to get it going at Clemson, it's not gonna happen overnight here.... but I do anticipate better recruiting results.

Exactly.

And a good initial barometer that we're moving in the right direction is how we're doing against the rest of the ACC.

I think we can move from the bottom 1/4 to the top 1/4 in very short order.

I think CGC can put us in a position where we have a talent advantage over all our Coastal foes (except Mia) VERY quickly.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I can’t decide if your really a hater of the new staff these days or your just messing with everyone?
I fully expect an uptick in recruiting and I’m pleased with efforts so far, but I prefer natural (real) sugar in my coolaid as opposed to the artificial sweetener floating in this thread.

The 4star rb is a good get but that’s not a major need to be honest. If we fail to land some 4star DL’s in this class it will be a major disappointment.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I fully expect an uptick in recruiting and I’m pleased with efforts so far, but I prefer natural (real) sugar in my coolaid as opposed to the artificial sweetener floating in this thread.

The 4star rb is a good get but that’s not a major need to be honest. If we fail to land some 4star DL’s in this class it will be a major disappointment.

The point is Griffin is the kind of quality we will likely start to land more of. He didn't have interest in playing in the old system. As far as the DL, last I checked we were 5 weeks ish into the new cycle so not really time to panic just quiteee yet.

AlaGTech

Jolly Good Fellow
.... If we fail to land some 4star DL’s in this class it will be a major disappointment.

Wow, so I guess you think that's a realistic expectation.

Heck, I hope we do, too (land some 4* DLs), but for CGC's first year I'm looking for us to land kids (particularly on the LOS) with offers that will help move our talent needle past the rest of the Coastal.

Kids with offers from the likes of VT, UNC, Mia of the ACC and Ole Miss, MSSt, SCar, Ark, Mizzou of the SEC.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Wow, so I guess you think that's a realistic expectation.

Heck, I hope we do, too (land some 4* DLs), but for CGC's first year I'm looking for us to land kids (particularly on the LOS) with offers that will help move our talent needle past the rest of the Coastal.

Kids with offers from the likes of VT, UNC, Mia of the ACC and Ole Miss, MSSt, SCar, Ark, Mizzou of the SEC.
So it sounds like our expectations are parallel.

Like I said, I expect an uptick in recruiting on par with what’s been promised. Coach Collins set the bar, not me. Can’t promise a homerun and hit a double and expect me, or anybody else for that matter, to be happy.

I know it’s early in the process, waaaay early. I’m not the least bit disappointed at this point. My comments reflect my expectations projected forward to the next national signing day.

Last edited:

AlaGTech

Jolly Good Fellow
So it sounds like our expectations are parallel.

Like I said, I expect an uptick in recruiting on par with what’s been promised. Coach Collins set the bar, not me. Can’t promise a homerun and hit a double and expect me to be happy..

Except I'm judging our success by a recruit's other offers rather than * rating.

Also, I'm not sure I know what CGC has "promised"?

But here's why I think we're all but GUARANTEED to recruit better:

1- Our recruiting will ABSOLUTELY improve if for no other reason than we're no longer running the 3O. (As I've said before, even CPJ would recruit better without the 3O). That's just a fact.

2- All indications are that more resources are being allocated to enable us to cast a wider recruiting net.

3- CGC and Staff. I think the 'Collins Factor' is real. TStan probably couldn't have made a better choice for this particular time in the history of our program.

And how do we know if it's working?

Imo, we should expect to at least be second only to Mia in Coastal Div roster talent within 3 more recruiting classes.

I think CGC can deliver that.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Except I'm judging our success by a recruit's other offers rather than * rating.

Also, I'm not sure I know what CGC has "promised"?

But here's why I think we're all but GUARANTEED to recruit better:

1- Our recruiting will ABSOLUTELY improve if for no other reason than we're no longer running the 3O. (As I've said before, even CPJ would recruit better without the 3O). That's just a fact.

2- All indications are that more resources are being allocated to enable us to cast a wider recruiting net.

3- CGC and Staff. I think the 'Collins Factor' is real. TStan probably couldn't have made a better choice for this particular time in the history of our program.

And how do we know if it's working?

Imo, we should expect to at least be second only to Mia in Coastal Div roster talent within 3 more recruiting classes.

I think CGC can deliver that.

Fwiw, you will always lose credibility with a subset of educated readers when you follow an opinion with the expression, "That's just a fact." Rightly or wrongly, it's like making grammar or spelling errors in a job application. That's a fact (I can say that because it's true for me, and that means there's a subset of at least one person).

A fact would be that our recruiting did not decline under Johnson from most years under Gailey. The current line is that the one outlier year of great recruiting for Gailey stemmed from CGC's role as Director of Player Personnel. So, I conclude that improvement in recruiting now would more likely be attributable to the changes made by CGC off the field rather than the changes in offense.

Fwiw, I'm inclined to share your optimism about CGC and recruiting. My only hesitancy comes from our experience over the last few years with the basketball team.