Recruiting analysis

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Look at his own words. He took the Tech job to prove that his offense could work at the D1 level. That's what he said.

If he put the same emphasis on defense that he put on his offense, we would have won more. So that's my opinion .. .he does not emphasize the defense as much as he emphasizes the offense. Of course, others feel differently and that's fine.
I think he has tried in the past and has not been able to for various reasons. Just because he says he wanted to prove his offense can work doesn’t mean he doesn’t want a good D. That’s like me saying I want to be a great dad, but me not saying I want to be a great owner of my company doesn’t mean that’s not what I want. It’s just talking about one aspect of what I am, and that’s how I see that comment fromCPJ. JMO of course. I just think he hates losing and would have no reason to not want his D to play well.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I don't think Peterson gives a rat's rear end about football. While he could do a lot to facilitate a more organized approach to things like fundraising, he hasn't done much. I recall a statement along the lines of, "My only obligation to the athletic program is to hire the AD." Hardly a major commitment.
Well, the comment from a B1G AD that sat on a committee that Peterson chaired said that he was very engaged in promoting athletics, specifically football. I guess it's all perspective and what you want to believe.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Well, the comment from a B1G AD that sat on a committee that Peterson chaired said that he was very engaged in promoting athletics, specifically football. I guess it's all perspective and what you want to believe.

I’ve seen Bud at basketball games, walking around and shaking hands. I don’t think he’s anti athletics.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I never said he was anti athletics. What I said was he’s indifferent to the won loss record.
That's not what you said. You said he didn't give a rat's rear end about football.

My comment is that I've heard from people who are very involved with athletics, specifically football, who have described him as very pro athletics, especially football. That's a characterization I would not associate with someone who "doesn't give a rat's rear about football." I'm sure from your perspective, that's what you see. I was just offering an opinion from a different perspective.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
That's not what you said. You said he didn't give a rat's rear end about football.

My comment is that I've heard from people who are very involved with athletics, specifically football, who have described him as very pro athletics, especially football. That's a characterization I would not associate with someone who "doesn't give a rat's rear about football." I'm sure from your perspective, that's what you see. I was just offering an opinion from a different perspective.

Fine. Then you have nothing to complain about. We should celebrate the wonderful support.