Recruiting 2022

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
How do places like Bama, Georgia, FSU and others justify extending offers to 8th graders like Kiyaunta Goodwin, when there is no high school transcript, test scores, etc. from which to determine college eligibility? Oh, wait, the kid is 6’7” and 350 pounds. ‘Nuff said...

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
How do places like Bama, Georgia, FSU and others justify extending offers to 8th graders like Kiyaunta Goodwin, when there is no high school transcript, test scores, etc. from which to determine college eligibility? Oh, wait, the kid is 6’7” and 350 pounds. ‘Nuff said...

Looks like he’s gained 20 pounds. The picture of this kid with Saban is great. https://247sports.com/Player/Kiyaunta-Goodwin-46056042

Their offers are tentative offers, right? I’m sure he has to meet school admission requirements, right? If so, we could make an offer too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 2897

Eligibility schmeligibility is what the SEC says.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Won’t happen anymore, new rule by NCAA is that a kid can’t be offered till his junior year. I can’t wait for these big time schools to say you have an offer but we can say anything till your a junior and then the kid being a kid post on Twitter he was offered as a freshman lol.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
To these schools an offer doesn't mean much of anything. Sometimes someone who qualifies isn't actually allowed to commit on those offers. Or commits are dumped when someone better comes along. Or scholarships are pulled after a year. Or people who think they are committed for a scholarship spot are told they are going to be gray-shirted, etc. It's like buying a plane ticket. Until you're in your seat, there's no guarantee. This is one thing we handle differently, and I'm glad we do because it's doing right by players, but I really don't think it separates us the way it ought to. So many players don't imagine that they could be the guy left out in the cold.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Couldn’t the answer be that his eighth grade academic performance is already sufficient to meet these schools requirements for “scholar” athletes? ;)
If the ability to read and write aren’t impediments then an eighth grade level is good enough.
I wasn’t aware the SEC raised their admissions standards. Since when is an 8th grade diploma required?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The Schools interested in Kiyaunta Goodwin now are Tennessee,Alabama,Florida State,Georgia,Louisville,LSU,Syracuse and Western Kentucky. Tennessee is the latest to offer him a scholarship and he's 6-7 1/2 370 right now:eek::geek:

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...offers-kiyaunta-goodwin-louisville/728354002/

Last edited:

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Forget about the transcript for a minute. I don’t have any problem with them offering him IF they allow him to choose where he wants to go and sign right now....period, end of story. Then force that no matter what happens they have to honor his scholarship...even if he gets injured or turns out to be a bust. Any coach that would do that this early is crazy...all this offering 8th grader crap is just marketing and trying to be the first in the door. They know the kid can’t sign and they can always pull the offer later, so why not offer now...