Recruit poaching due to HC change @ GT

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I want sidewalk fans to cheer for Tech because we have real student athletes in our program that are required to attend classes that will prepare them for life after football and not just keep them eligible so their coach can keep his multimillion dollar job.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
If you did NOT go to GT, AND you're making that much...bravo! You did it the right way because you didn't have to go through hell (at least academically) to achieve that level of income. I can tell you a lot of GT grads went through hell and aren't making that much.

I can also tell you from being a GT fan and a ticket season holder since I graduated Ma Tech, the GT snobbery isn't just limited to sidewalk fans. I've witnessed a LOT of GT on GT snobbery. Honestly, it's pretty funny to witness because seriously, anyone who needs to act like a snob just because they graduated from a certain school probably has some issues with themselves.

+1

(oh BTW, I ain't pulling down $250K a year and I got out over 30 years ago)

FullMetalBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
The experience of my coworkers that went to UW, Stanford, Michigan, and Harvard all sound independently different. I know they were all rigorous, but none are the same. That’s all I’ve said, and I still think that’s accurate. I don’t think it’s gate keeping to say something is different.

As for the ND, Stanford, USC comparison; at the end of the day, if a recruit wants to be a journalism major, we aren’t going to get him. We can and should compete for all STEM student athletes, but trying to compete against other top schools that offer top Liber Arts programs makes it very difficult, which is why we need to increase our recruiting budge to better get the kids who would come to Tech.

I agree with you about the limited majors. It is detrimental to recruiting and that is one of the things that make Tech unique. However it is easy to communicate this difference to anyone with or without a Tech degree. This disadvantage can also be mitigated somewhat by a more national recruiting effort than we have seen under PJ. Of course this means spending more money so I hope Stansbury is working on it.