Recording Georgia Tech Sports (Baseball)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
As we get ready for the season, I'm trying to figure out the best way to record GT sports, baseball in this case.

My best solution is to stream the game on a computer and capture the image with OBS Studio.

Most of the games will be on the ACC Network on Sling. I won't spend the 3 hours or so watching a game with so little action. But I want the highlights. While I can wait for the replays to appear on ACC Network, I think I've had problems fast forwarding and rewinding through some.

Since all ESPN / Disney channels can't be recorded via the Sling DVR, that is out. And there doesn't seem to be a way from Amazon Prime either since their Fire DVR won't allow recording ESPN/Disney. ESPN/Disney have spent a lot more time trying to prevent what I'm trying to do than I have in working around.

DVRs don't seem to work as the ones I've seen do regular broadcast TV.

Any better ideas?

Listening isn't a problem. Either I use my cell and headphones or speakers. One improvement I've made for this year is to have all my different Alexa devices play the same thing. So I can better listen to Wiley on Tune-In.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
As we get ready for the season, I'm trying to figure out the best way to record GT sports, baseball in this case.

My best solution is to stream the game on a computer and capture the image with OBS Studio.

Most of the games will be on the ACC Network on Sling. I won't spend the 3 hours or so watching a game with so little action. But I want the highlights. While I can wait for the replays to appear on ACC Network, I think I've had problems fast forwarding and rewinding through some.

Since all ESPN / Disney channels can't be recorded via the Sling DVR, that is out. And there doesn't seem to be a way from Amazon Prime either since their Fire DVR won't allow recording ESPN/Disney. ESPN/Disney have spent a lot more time trying to prevent what I'm trying to do than I have in working around.

DVRs don't seem to work as the ones I've seen do regular broadcast TV.

Any better ideas?

Listening isn't a problem. Either I use my cell and headphones or speakers. One improvement I've made for this year is to have all my different Alexa devices play the same thing. So I can better listen to Wiley on Tune-In.
You've come a long way since the slide rule, big guy.

...& if I could actually help you, I would. Sorry. I got nothin'!