Recent NCAA Rule Changes

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Can anyone in the know answer this? I keep seeing alot of video where defensive players are picking up the offensive player on a tackle and throwing him down like a wrestling body slam. So, Has there been any notion as to whether or not the NCAA is going to put a stop to this. IMO this is just as capable of injuring a player as the leading with helmet rule or targeting. I know we saw UGA do this against us and a few other teams, recently against Clemson. But know this is catching on with the high school kids. I thinks it is ridiculous and needs to be ruled out.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
I don't think I've read anywhere that this is being considered by the NCAA.

BerryGT

Georgia Tech Fan
I thought I'd heard a while back that there is a rule against lifting another player off the ground. If that's true it's certainly selectively enforced. I saw a LSU player get an Unnecessary Roughness penalty once for it.

I agree it should be banned. Player comes down on their neck a lot.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Should there be a distinction between a player that is lifted up into the air versus a player that happened to be up in the air already?

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Should there be a distinction between a player that is lifted up into the air versus a player that happened to be up in the air already?
Good point. Yes I think if your already in the air you are more free game if you will. But not so if your picked up and thrown to the ground