Reason for Optimism

Animal02

Banned
Reason for optimism....

Sat Aug 30 - Wofford (W)
Sat Sept 6 - Tulane (W)
Sat Sept 13 - Georgia Southern (W)
ACC home games: Clemson (?), Duke (?) , Miami (?), Virginia (W)
ACC road games: NC State (W) , North Carolina (W), Pittsburgh (W), Virginia Tech (?)
Sat Nov 29 - Georgia (?)

I think 7 wins is a given with this schedule.......the other 5 should be competitive.
I don't think we win them all, but 8-9 wins should be expected.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
More reason for optimism. Seems like Jamal Golden is turning into a leader that players respond to. And he's been pretty vocal since having to sit out most of the season.
upload_2014-1-4_12-24-7.png

Your sense of humor included taking a cheap shot at a player. Those posts will be removed.

Saying in a t-i-c manner that an overweight player liked groceries is a cheap shot?

Did it ever occur to you had that player not showed up to GT this past summer at 400lbs. then GT FB might have had another option on our OLine and that extra option might have helped us win more games?

It might have given us better pass-Pro for Vad and that ONE THING might have helped to keep Vad at GT instead of transferring.

In the days of 135 schollies guys showing up out of shape don't hurt as much, but in an era of 85 schollies every player has to show up in peak physical condition.

If MY $2.7MM per year job was on the line and someone showed up out of shape, I would make his life miserable, amateur or not at some point you have to love your school and your team mates and WANT to do things at a very high level and do things the right way.

Maybe if our Recruits were less academically inclined (t-i-c) they would understand this simple concept.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
CuseJacket said:
More reason for optimism. Seems like Jamal Golden is turning into a leader that players respond to. And he's been pretty vocal since having to sit out most of the season.
View attachment 98

He was/is the biggest supporter of JT being he's known him since the 6th grade.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Saying in a t-i-c manner that an overweight player liked groceries is a cheap shot?

Did it ever occur to you had that player not showed up to GT this past summer at 400lbs. then GT FB might have had another option on our OLine and that extra option might have helped us win more games?

It might have given us better pass-Pro for Vad and that ONE THING might have helped to keep Vad at GT instead of transferring.

In the days of 135 schollies guys showing up out of shape don't hurt as much, but in an era of 85 schollies every player has to show up in peak physical condition.

If MY $2.7MM per year job was on the line and someone showed up out of shape, I would make his life miserable, amateur or not at some point you have to love your school and your team mates and WANT to do things at a very high level and do things the right way.

Maybe if our Recruits were less academically inclined (t-i-c) they would understand this simple concept.

Saying he came into camp overweight is one thing. Making a backhanded joke at the player's expense is another.

Your post here is fair conversation. I don't disagree with the importance of ensuring our players are in peak physical condition. I'd be interested in hearing more about offseason accountability, particularly for those recruits not enrolled in GT yet.