Real Jabari news thread

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I dunno - when I got out (EE 87), I loved the place for the football and friends, and for the sense of accomplishment in surviving... My dad, on the other hand (AE 56), always seemed a good bit more bitter regarding his time there... Whenever we go to games, he always recounts the old stories of getting shafted by the Red Headed Bastard, a Chemistry prof... Lasting memories, for sure...

I got out in 67, hated it, struggled mightily and constantly got that shaft, but eventually worked my way to the Deans List. I discouraged my daughter from going to GT. Went anyway. She finished first in her class, was there for the National Championship, and loved her GT experience. Go figure. However both degrees paid the expected dividends in life.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
we can agree to disagree, but you'll be wrong.

"Grade point averages are truncated after two decimal places."

http://www.registrar.gatech.edu/students/gpa.php

I am just telling you what the GT registrar's office told us in 1985, when I graduated. I don't care who is right. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

So many Tech people are like this. They want to argue and be right, when there really is no argument. I will end the argument by saying you are right, and you will feel better about life. :)

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
I am just telling you what the GT registrar's office told us in 1985, when I graduated. I don't care who is right.
Second hand source relying on memory from nearly 30 years ago (and may have changed in those 30 years) verses a current primary source that can be looked up and verified in seconds. I think the current primary source is more reliable.
im-just-saying.jpg

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
You guys are so funny.

I am saying that 3.15 has always (and 3.35 and 3.55) been enough for honors, but the reason I was told by the registrar is that they consider this equivalent to 3.2, 3.4 and 3.6, based on math rounding. We are NOT disagreeing. It is SO funny.....

I promise this is my last post......but some of you are completely NUTS. By the way, on something like THIS, my memory is FINE.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I doubt it will be released today as CPJ doesn't meet with the the media until tomorrow.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Hope we get good news tomorrow. Wont be the end of the world if it doesn't happen and in no way means he won't be eligibel next fall.
Oh yeah........hi AE....................bumpin just for u bro

AugustaJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Steering this thread back off track: I started at Tech in 1991 and "got out" in 1997. While I was there, GPAs were listed to the tenths. 3.0 Dean's List each quarter. 3.2 Honor and 3.8 ( I think) was High Honor for graduates. Shortly after I left (maybe in the transition to semesters?), they began listing GPAs to the hundredths.

Papa Doc

Georgia Tech Fan
Wish there had been this much noise back and forth in the upper deck at Charlotte; JW would have had to use hand signals to call his plays and FSU's obnoxious, never-shut-the-hell-up BAND may have drowned out! :)

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
So many Tech people are like this. They want to argue and be right, when there really is no argument.
You definitely seem to be one of those 'Tech people' looking at your posts in this thread...

(saying as someone not even involved in this debate)

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I'm taking the same stance with Jabari now.

exactly! last week all the chat websites were "buzzing" about our def for the OBowl and/or next yr and it sounded like the same discussion in summer with Whitehead who also DIDN'T make it to play,then JHD who now doesn't make it to play in OB.Guys who have academic problems at/with GT, usually continue to have those. If you have been at TEch you know why.