Ready for a Mid-Week Nooner? BC @ GT Noon, Wednesday, Feb. 17 2021

Deleted member 2897

Wait - we got ****ed by ACC scheduling again? SHOCKED FACE.

No reason we can't find someone else to play to fill the gap.

Notre Dame doesn't play until Saturday - send them here.

Miami doesn't play until Saturday - send them here.

Virginia Tech doesn't play until Saturday - send them here.

Plenty of options to fill in the schedule to complete the home/home against people who we aren't playing twice, who also need games, and who also would have equal rest.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wait - we got ****ed by ACC scheduling again? SHOCKED FACE.

No reason we can't find someone else to play to fill the gap.

Notre Dame doesn't play until Saturday - send them here.

Miami doesn't play until Saturday - send them here.

Virginia Tech doesn't play until Saturday - send them here.

Plenty of options to fill in the schedule to complete the home/home against people who we aren't playing twice, who also need games, and who also would have equal rest.

ND - we'd have to travel to make up that game, but agree, weather permitting.

Miami - that'd be a new game, but in this weird year, flex the schedule and have us play a home & home this week.

VT - aren't they on COVID pause currently?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Tech and Notre Dame are now both without a midweek game. Both also play road games on Saturday. Could play tomorrow or Thursday. Granted landing in Chicago / South Bend might not be doable.

Deleted member 2897

Pastner said no dice on any games this week, we're playing Saturday.

It would be nice if the committee looked one level deeper into what went on, like how we're playing so heavily on the top end of the conference. But who knows if they will.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer

It would be nice if the committee looked one level deeper into what went on, like how we're playing so heavily on the top end of the conference. But who knows if they will.
Where did Pastner say no games?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

I would think they would look at stuff like that when deciding between bubble teams. But you have to get to the bubble first and games like this are needed to get us there to where they would even take a closer look. So that's the catch 22.

Last edited:

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Pretty stupid we won’t have a game if that’s the case. We could easily play Thursday against any of the teams mentioned earlier.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer

Isn't that the point of the RPI/NET score sheet and rankings? To account for who you have played? We just need to win more of the games we have played.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Surely this isn't the first time you walked in expecting a nooner only to figure out you're just there to help move some furniture.

dis1.gif

Oh, I'm the only one that's happened to? Screw you guys. :rolleyes:
Sometimes, I need your help moving couch is really needing help with the couch..lol

Deleted member 2897

Isn't that the point of the RPI/NET score sheet and rankings? To account for who you have played? We just need to win more of the games we have played.

Less data is less accuracy. They have teams in the top 40 with a losing record. A team in the top 30 with a 0.500 record. LOL.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
I am completely fine with not trying to squeeze in a game. Let the guys rest and hopefully get Jordan back by Saturday. I'd rather not play on the road and then have to play on Saturday with less than 48 hours rest. I don't want to play VT shorthanded if possible. We already play Miami on Saturday.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
BC at home would have been a quad 4 game for us. They are that bad, in part because of how undermanned they've been throughout the season. Yea, I'd like an easy win and any resume help is welcome, but I don't think losing this game is going to make much of a difference in the end.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
BC at home would have been a quad 4 game for us. They are that bad, in part because of how undermanned they've been throughout the season. Yea, I'd like an easy win and any resume help is welcome, but I don't think losing this game is going to make much of a difference in the end.

I agree in terms of resume building it isn't significant. That being said there are other considerations that make me wish we were playing. It could have helped build some momentum after the pitt game. It could have been a game we could have shot ourselves back into form after some struggles the last couple of games. We might have been able to build a lead comfortable enough to work in our bigs some in prep for the ACCT. From a perception standpoint going over .500 in ACC play again would be a pretty good selling point to recruits about our program being on the upswing and this is one less game that could help go towards that goal (which I think we should hit regardless but still). Overall, it'd be nice to have a comfortable game (not guaranteed) after 8 games that were either nerve racking or potentially demoralizing.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
And maybe get some other players some game action. Maybe Howard could play 20 minutes without picking up 4 fouls, Gigi could get 20 minutes, etc.