Reading the CPJ Tea Leaves?

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
OK, if he is happy, the O is humming, and he says we have a chance to be good, we have a chance to be good...

If he is saying the team is not as good as everyone says... we are not as good as everyone says.

What does it mean when he is grumpy and does not say anything?

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't think we're going to be good this year...from what I've heard from people and seeing his mood in the post conference pressers it just doesn't seem promising thus far.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
OK, if he is happy, the O is humming, and he says we have a chance to be good, we have a chance to be good...

If he is saying the team is not as good as everyone says... we are not as good as everyone says.

It means he has to look at the film.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure I have ever seen CPJ happy after practice. The closest thing to happy I have heard him before a game was the FSU ACC Championship game. I believe his comment was along the lines of "if we play like we should and take care of the ball, we will be there". We lost but he was right.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Means he missed about three birdie putts from inside of 15 feet.
He's probably as ready for camp to be over as the players are. He's getting tired of running the same drills over and over.
I hope to end camp he does something I saw him do once, which is have planned screwups and see how the offense reacts when there is a fumble or an interception or a bad snap.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

He wants to get it over 'cause he needs to poop?

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
When toe meets leather, he'll know for sure. Do you really think anyone can predict how a 20 year old will perform in front of a huge crowd and TV audience?

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
I watched yesterday's presser. It's pretty obvious that he's never just dying to do interviews. That, everyone knows. I suppose I can't blame him. Yesterday, though, it was even more apparent than usual that he had other things he'd rather be doing and wanted to be any place other than the obligatory presser.

It's a tough situation: they've got a job to do. They have to ask questions. But, he's got no obligation to tip his hand on matters involving injury or starters at key positions. And, there's a lot he's just not going to divulge until it's time to play the games. I get entertained when folks feel like he ought to tell more-- because daggonit....they just have a right to know.