RB coach Mike Daniels has resigned

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
You have to wonder if he didn't like Key's "Saban-like" accountability requirements for coaches. I think I read recently Saban's approach is "If it's on tape it's either because you are teaching it or you are allowing it."

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
You have to wonder if he didn't like Key's "Saban-like" accountability requirements for coaches. I think I read recently Saban's approach is "If it's on tape it's either because you are teaching it or you are allowing it."
Not sure there is much bad tape on film for the RB position. Most of the bad tape on offense is on the OL, the QB and one TE.

Most likely due to other issues of which we are unaware

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Daniels was on one of the coach's shows this season. Really weird timing for a resignation. Hopefully he just got a better offer somewhere? Maybe Choice is coming back?

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
On a side note that’s a tough blow considering the number of games left on the schedule and the uncertainty of how the RB players will react. Perhaps Daniels got another job offer from a coach who is going to be hired for another program.
But wouldn't you stick around for your buyout if that was the case? Just odd that he resigned.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Certainly no lack of news for GT right now, that's for sure. Hope the player can keep their head on right.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
Mid-season resignation makes me think it was personal. I imagine it's hard on all these guys with the uncertainty ahead so it wouldn't be a shock that some of these guys put feelers out after Ole Miss or UCF. He does have a former connection to KSU who is transitioning to FBS... but this is coming from a guy at this computer executing google searches... I have no clue.

bennyjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Just speculating here: I would think the new AD gave Key support. Key probably wanted to make changes but was hesitant given the situation. Once he got support from the new AD he started making moves.

Again just speculating! I have no idea what is actually happening.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Just speculating here: I would think the new AD gave Key support. Key probably wanted to make changes but was hesitant given the situation. Once he got support from the new AD he started making moves.

Again just speculating! I have no idea what is actually happening.
Or could be a personal situation with Mike. Hope everything is alright but sometimes people do have lives outside of their profession that sometimes require immediate attention.