Rankins and Ellison Done

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Michael Rankins is off team as well as Devin Ellison. Just saw on AJC and hadn’t seen it here. Ellison on Medical but doesn’t say anything about Rankins.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
The article on AJC says Rankins is just going home. Maybe Tech was too much for him academically? I don't know what else would make you drop out of school.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Maybe homesick. Or yeah. Doesn’t like the rigor of GT academics. They(teachers/administrators) didn’t give a flying f—- about ya when I was in school.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
The article on AJC says Rankins is just going home. Maybe Tech was too much for him academically? I don't know what else would make you drop out of school.

If that was it, he could go in the portal. Could be something he really needs to take care of. Or maybe just a change of heart on what he wants in life.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
That's why we recruited a bunch of OL...you never really know how things will work out. Good luck to Rankins. Glad to see Ellison getting his degree.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Why I’ve always been a proponent of signing 25 every year. We seem to lose more than most. Maybe just perception.
See what you are saying, though in this day and age the transfer portal is huge. We took 8 transfers, three of whom are NFL prospect linemen. Don't know if that makes the recruiting calculus more difficult, or just easier to fudge.