Ranking College QBs

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
One update on the KSU film:

Average 247 national recruiting ranking for KSU in the last 5 years: 63 (high = 54 - low =72)

Average 247 national recruiting ranking for Tech in the last 5 years: 51 (high = 44 - low = 60)

I might also add that KSU didn't sign a single 4 star player in that period.

Our conference is a bit tougher then the Big 12, but I believe we have better talent then we think. It could be that the coaches are right on this, you know.

Now, if we could only get Coach to channel his inner Bill Synder …

Those numbers don’t account for their juco kids though right? Snyder has created quite the “2nd chance U” program.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Those numbers don’t account for their juco kids though right? Snyder has created quite the “2nd chance U” program.
True, but that could be said across the board today the way athletes are transferring. I only included this post so people would see that it is possible to have a successful program with athletes at the same level as we had at Tech.

Btw, the first game in the film is KSU whipping Stanford.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
kind of a dart throw article for us though. Not sure anyone close to the program thinks TO will be the starter.

It's definitely the biggest ? for us though, IMO. More than the OL and new D.

I don't agree with you on this. I, for one, think Oliver will start but will agree Johnson is close. Graham has a chance but in my opinion is highly unlikely.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't agree with you on this. I, for one, think Oliver will start but will agree Johnson is close. Graham has a chance but in my opinion is highly unlikely.
I think we may run more option and quick passes than some anticipate. May have to for several reasons including 1) to help line out - option gives you an extra blocker 2) our skill people are good at it 3) Qbs and receivers may not be ready for a down the field passing attack. 4) To stay away from 3 and outs which are tough on defenses
Oliver would be good in run pass option attack. His running might open up some short passes. Unfortunately, we didn't get to witness in Spring game which could be part of the plan. I know if I were 404 Waffle man, I would not be tipping my hand in my first season Spring game.