10. Pittsburgh 34-30
11. Boston College 31-33
12. Wake Forest 25-37
13. Syracuse 22-39
14. Virginia 19-42

GTFLETCH

Banned
Some Observations:

ACC teams ranked 1-5 are no surprise as they have the best national names.... The bottom four BC to UVA again are not that surprising...

The surprising part is that DUKE leads the middle of the pack... It will be interesting to see if CPJ and CNW can bring Georgia TECH back to the 41 win five year record that GT had from 2008-2012...Or if CPJ's 2 losings season in the last 3 are a sign of the times for GT as the ACC football teams are getting better.

Time will tell..

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Some Observations:

ACC teams ranked 1-5 are no surprise as they have the best national names.... The bottom four BC to UVA again are not that surprising...

The surprising part is that DUKE leads the middle of the pack... It will be interesting to see if CPJ and CNW can bring Georgia TECH back to the 41 win five year record that GT had from 2008-2012...Or if CPJ's 2 losings season in the last 3 are a sign of the times for GT as the ACC football teams are getting better.

Time will tell..
If we have a very bad year we could be in top of the bottom 1/3.

If we have a very good year , we could be in the bottom of the top 1/3.

Got to ace this midterm 18 and next years final 19 to get into solid top 1/3 . I think its entirely possible so i have changed my avatar

Deleted member 2897

Since you called out Duke, we have 4x the number of OOC wins over P5 teams with a winning record in the last 5 years. Hint: They play a weak as hell schedule.

And as I'm sure people realize, their permanent cross over rival is Wake Forest whereas ours is Clemson. We play Georgia every year whereas their OOC every year opponent is NC Central.

Its like comparing apples to oranges if you're only comparing win totals. (And all these "you's" are general "you's" and not a reply to you specifically...its just how I type.)

GTFLETCH

Banned
Since you called out Duke, we have 4x the number of OOC wins over P5 teams with a winning record in the last 5 years. Hint: They play a weak as hell schedule.

And as I'm sure people realize, their permanent cross over rival is Wake Forest whereas ours is Clemson. We play Georgia every year whereas their OOC every year opponent is NC Central.

Its like comparing apples to oranges if you're only comparing win totals. (And all these "you's" are general "you's" and not a reply to you specifically...its just how I type.)
Apples to Apples for you concerning Duke.. We are 2-3 against them the last 5 years...

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
We've had two of our worst two seasons in the past 25 years within the timeframe of 2015-2018, so not surprised by this. Have to get back on track this year or I could actually see Paul's seat heating up some

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck

Would a better measure be conference record? I know the crossovers don't really equate, but it's a more telling statistic, imo.

Deleted member 2897

Apples to Apples for you concerning Duke.. We are 2-3 against them the last 5 years...

Biased apples to apples, it took some near miracles to win 1 of those 2. We were a slippery fart away from being 1-4.

Interesting addendum to being 2-3 against Duke over the last 5 years. We're also 2-3 against Georgia.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
We've had two of our worst two seasons in the past 25 years within the timeframe of 2015-2018, so not surprised by this. Have to get back on track this year or I could actually see Paul's seat heating up some
Yep, we could easily be number 5 if we didn’t have those two year, but we did. We now need to move on and start winning consistently.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Ranking every ACC Football program from 2013- present:

1. Clemson 61-9
2. FSU 54-13
3. Louisville 46-19
4. Miami 42-23
5. Virginia Tech 41-25
6. Duke 38-27
7. North Carolina 35-30
8. Georgia Tech 35-28
9. NC State 34-30
10. Pittsburgh 34-30
11. Boston College 31-33
12. Wake Forest 25-37
13. Syracuse 22-39
14. Virginia 19-42
How are we behind unc if we have the same win total but two less losses?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I said the same thing last year even after the Tenn double overtime loss... However I agree with you...new season, new hope! It is what it is!!
Last year was the proverbial learning curve. We shall now see the return on that painful investment. Oh, and we have a new defense to boot.