Rank Your Excitement for 2022

On a scale of 1-10, how excited are you for this season of Tech football?

Votes: 31 14.0%

Votes: 27 12.2%

Votes: 40 18.1%

Votes: 16 7.2%

Votes: 15 6.8%

Votes: 21 9.5%

Votes: 21 9.5%

Votes: 10 4.5%

Votes: 4 1.8%

Votes: 36 16.3%

• Total voters

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
For me, this has to be one of the least exciting lead-ups to a season of Tech football I've ever had. I want to gauge how everyone else is feeling. It all just feels....bleak. I know we have a lot of change and anything can happen, but damn it I'm having a hard time getting hyped up at all. This is the first time this has ever happened to me in 20+ years of being a Tech fan. So, let's hear it!

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
And I would like to note, that nobody thought we would be ANYTHING at all in 2014. And that ended up being our best year in a long long time. So there is hope. Granted, we don't have the same flexbone magic of just putting some defensive coordinators' brains in a blender.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I only voted 10 because 1 bajillion wasn't an option.

Trying hard to get excited. But my give a damn is busted.

Want us ta fix it?

World Smile Day Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Here, I'll put ya on the list. Step into our office ...

Toilet Err GIF

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
I am very excited. We have a new offensive staff that is experienced (plus an experienced analyst). We have a new coaching dynamic on defense. We have new players, and better depth than we have had in a while. It's a new day, and I don't see how any real fan can't be excited.

I study the game and I enjoy the game. For me, it's more than wins and losses. I expect to see a lot of progress this year, even though the schedule makes the win column hard to achieve--I wish we had Wake Forest's schedule. Watching the progress will be fun.

For people who only know whether it was a win or a loss, you will never really enjoy the sport. Those are probably the people who aren't excited.

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
Trying hard to get excited. But my give a damn is busted.
Excitement for college football starting for sure! Objective expectations for GT are as low as I ever remember them, but perhaps this is a good contrast to last season when almost everyone had higher expectations for improvement going into the season. Here's to hoping we don't have to watch our respective lines get dominated with the likes of Northern Illinois like early last season...that set the tone for the season right there. Would be nice to see us compete in the trenches early this season - exceeding current low expectations...set a different tone...

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I can't tell if this is a troll attempt, but its just old at this point.
The comment, or the three-win seasons? As for "old", the three-win seasons have been around longer than the comment. Just sayin'.

But that having been said, I'm pumped to see what the new coaches can bring. I think we'll be significantly, if not substantially improved. I gave it a 9.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
For me, this has to be one of the least exciting lead-ups to a season of Tech football I've ever had. I want to gauge how everyone else is feeling. It all just feels....bleak. I know we have a lot of change and anything can happen, but damn it I'm having a hard time getting hyped up at all. This is the first time this has ever happened to me in 20+ years of being a Tech fan. So, let's hear it!
Same........but more years than you

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
My introduction to Tech football was back in 1979. In 1980, we played Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, Auburn, UGA, and Notre Dame. I think one sportswriter (Furman Bisher) said Tech played the toughest SEC schedule in the nation ... as an independent.

Games were FUN. Flashcard seatings were a premium (gone), RATS a tradition (gone), Jack n'Coke in souvenir cups where Cokes were a buck. Pre-game spreads followed by post-games dates to dinner. A good day was a win and getting laid.

I do enjoy the band at the Student Center and the parade ... but the general "feel" inside BDS is not what it was IMO. (I get that everyone starts and experiences different things depending on circumstances.)

It's better in some ways, and worse. (In full disclosure, Auburn football experience is not as good as it was 3 years ago as they have standardized pretty much everything and taken all the individual flavor out of it.)

As to Geoff ... no, I'm not looking forward to it. The product he puts on is un-exciting. I will look forward to watching the offense under Chip and pull for the team but ... this is probably the least excited I've been. I'm looking for this year to get recharged.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I hate to say it this way but I am unfortunately excited about two things.

Winning a bowl game or getting a new head coach.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
I'll parrot what others have said that this is probably the least excited I've been in a long while. I put my excitement level at 3, and that's probably relative to previous years. Going into last year I was 10 excited as I have been for most years prior. Preseason is when everyone is undefeated and there's that hope of certain players, coaches, position groups clicking and coming together to make a run and play some good football.

Last year held all of my hopes of year 3 for Collins, Pat, Thacker, and Key. This is when it should come together. Freshman class from 2020 will be in year 2 and won't have the same COVID restrictions as the year prior. Some promising transfer talent on the lines. Another year for growth for Sims. Gibbs just continuing to be a stud. Don't need to light the world on fire just show that significant step of improvement.

And it all fell flat on Game 1. Hope was reignited by the fight with Clemson and UNC stomping....all for it to die again with Pitt.

If I squint real hard through gold colored glasses I can find many reasons to be optimistic about the season and potential for significant improvement. But I have to admit to myself that if I was looking at any other program undergoing the turnover our program has had on every side of the ball I would not be expecting good things this season.

But here's to beating expectations and proving everyone wrong!

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
But here's to beating expectations and proving everyone wrong!
Hopefully the season will prove analogous to Warren Buffet's approach to the stock market. Sell when all others are buying, and buy when there's blood in the streets.
My money's on the new coaches, and I think they have something to work with.
The last three years, the Jackets have had enough talent to go bowling, but just didn't have the coaching. Now they have the coaching, and now's the time to buy in.