Random GT football sighting

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
So I was doing a bit of research this morning trying to figure out the best streaming TV option in the wake of PSVue announcing their upcoming shut down and went to the Hulu live tv page to check them out, and the first clip shown in their auto play background video is a football clip. Did they pick one of the traditional big powers with massive fan bases to feature? Nope, they went with a clip of Orwin Smith (2nd favorite AB we ever had, just behind Godhigh) streaking down the sideline against UVA from 2012. That just brought a smile to my face.
Hulu.com/live-tv

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Always nice to see!

I haven't tried YouTube TV, but we changed from sling to Hulu when football started. Very happy with it. Note: if you're already paying for hulu, there's a small savings from the bundle. So it ended up being the most cost-effective option that had ACC Network.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
So I was doing a bit of research this morning trying to figure out the best streaming TV option in the wake of PSVue announcing their upcoming shut down and went to the Hulu live tv page to check them out, and the first clip shown in their auto play background video is a football clip. Did they pick one of the traditional big powers with massive fan bases to feature? Nope, they went with a clip of Orwin Smith (2nd favorite AB we ever had, just behind Godhigh) streaking down the sideline against UVA from 2012. That just brought a smile to my face.
Hulu.com/live-tv
I've seen that pop up as an ad on some of my Facebook videos! It shows Orwin bursting down the sideline followed by an LSU guy and that is pretty much it. I am usually not paying close attention to the ads so the first few times I only caught a glimpse. For a while I thought I was crazy cause surely they would not use Tech on an ad unless it was for the ACC or Tech.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Are they targeted ads based on an algorithm of each user's preferences? Ads have become VERY user specific targeted by cookies and browser history. It's actually pretty scary how user specific all these ads have become because they are so accurate in based on an individual's data.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Are they targeted ads based on an algorithm of each user's preferences? Ads have become VERY user specific targeted by cookies and browser history. It's actually pretty scary how user specific all these ads have become because they are so accurate in based on an individual's data.

I don’t believe so...I pulled it up on my wife’s computer to show her and it was the same there (and I’m pretty sure she’s not doing a lot of GT football related searches). I think it had an ACC Network logo in the corner for that clip, so I’m guessing it’s just meant to be saying “we have ACC Network now”.
And btw I’m up in Vermont, so outside of the typical ACC footprint. It appears to be national.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Hulu.com/live-tv

That is awesome.

As someone in the digital marketing space, I’m doubtful this was based on cookies and an ad network tailoring content to your identity. If only because video ads are so much more costly - it would take a LOT more resources to specifically target hundreds of video ads. This seems like it’s just an awesome play that they chose to highlight. :)

On another note, we have Youtube TV and LOVE it. The biggest thing I didn’t expect is the impact of the unlimited DVR. It’s a game changer. For instance, my wife and I have ours set to record every NCAA football game. They just sit there waiting on us - so on the off-chance a ’Whoa! He has trouble with the snap!’ moment happens in some random game, we can go back and watch the whole game whenever we want to.

Highly recommend checking it out. Was bummed to hear about PS Vue.