Raises and extension for the coaching staff

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Interesting. Does the raises and contract extensions mean that we on gtswarm will stop talking about firing the coaches?

Actually, from past experience, it has the opposite effects. It tends to stir the pot with the lunatic fringe. Thankfully, only a few of them have managed to find and infect this site as of now. In fact, I would say as little as perhaps 6 months to possiblya year ago, we were completely devoid of morons and idiots. Aside from myself of course.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Roof is getting 800K.
7 bubble screens down field?
Our two minute drill defense is horrendous and it doesn't matter what the offense does. Miami marched twice for scores at the end of halves. So did UT at the end of that one. I really think part of it is in their heads. Each one is waiting for the shoe to drop or for somebody else to make the game saving play. We need a better plan, for sure, but we need a better mentality, too. It should be the same mentality the the opposing offense has, 'this is our time to shine and go win the game.'

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I find it somewhat embarrassing that a school with so many “millionaires” as grads and such big endowments has such a low ranking as regards pay given to the football staff. The athletic program is an invaluable asset to the school.

Regardless of who the coaches are.

Embarrassing.

Deleted member 2897

Our two minute drill defense is horrendous and it doesn't matter what the offense does. Miami marched twice for scores at the end of halves. So did UT at the end of that one. I really think part of it is in their heads. Each one is waiting for the shoe to drop or for somebody else to make the game saving play. We need a better plan, for sure, but we need a better mentality, too. It should be the same mentality the the opposing offense has, 'this is our time to shine and go win the game.'

I have a better plan. Our final 7 drives garnered 140 yards and 3 points. How about lets get up by 14+ points. Then when the other team has the ball with 2 minutes left, it won't matter any more.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
#15 in Yds/Game Allowed
#36 in PPG Allowed
#26 in Passing Yds/Game Allowed
#22 in Rush Yds/Game Allowed

The defense this season has not been the issue. Look outside of 2 minutes of game time and you might see how silly your statement is.
Disagree. All of those stats look nice but when the D allows the other team to march down the field before the half and at the end of the game then yes Defense is the issue. If the defense isn’t an issue when allowing 7 freaking bubble screens IN A ROW then I’m not sure what the issue is...

Deleted member 2897

#15 in Yds/Game Allowed
#36 in PPG Allowed

The defense this season has not been the issue. Look outside of 2 minutes of game time and you might see how silly your statement is.

#3 in 3rd down defense: 22%.
Miami scored a touchdown on 2 of their 12 possessions.
We held Miami to about their season low in points - barely half of their average scoring.

The last 4 teams we've played we've held each to their lowest scoring outputs of the season and half of what they typically score.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Disagree. All of those stats look nice but when the D allows the other team to march down the field before the half and at the end of the game then yes Defense is the issue. If the defense isn’t an issue when allowing 7 freaking bubble screens IN A ROW then I’m not sure what the issue is...
The defense has played more than 50 possessions this year, and you're electing to use one (less than 2%) as the basis of your argument.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
The defense has played more than 50 possessions this year, and you're electing to use one (less than 2%) as the basis of your argument.
That 2% blew the Miami game lol yeah sure the offense could’ve had a few more first downs. But that game was ultimately lost by the defense because it was the D’s job to close the game. I’m not sure what is left to argue about that

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
That 2% blew the Miami game lol yeah sure the offense could’ve had a few more first downs. But that game was ultimately lost by the defense because it was the D’s job to close the game. I’m not sure what is left to argue about that
You're probably that person who thinks the guy who strikes out to end the game is the one that lost it for everyone else, aren't you?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
#15 in Yds/Game Allowed
#36 in PPG Allowed

The issue has been the team as a whole. The defense, offense, and special teams.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Not this year. Our D has carried our O in nearly every game.
Miami is the only game the O didn't play well in. It's a team sport, I think the offense and defense have played off of each other throughout the season. Now, if the D had been blown out or the O wasn't scoring anything I would put blame there, but that hasn't been the case, for the most part the offense and defense have both played well enough to win.