R.I.P. Carlton Waskey, FB Letterwinner 1959-1961 (Link)

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
Courtesy of the the Letterwinners Club.....

Link

There is an error in the write-up.... **** Bestwick was not at GT during Coach Dodd's tenure as HFC. **** was at NATS 1967-1975.

"Waskey had been recommended to the ACC by former Virginia football coach **** Bestwick, who had been on the Georgia Tech staff when Waskey played for legendary Yellow Jackets coach Bobby Dodd."

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
R.I.P., sir and prayers to his family.

A horrible disease that also took my sister. She simply started noticing a soreness in her foot and then....

Truly amazing Mr. Waskey was able to fight it as long as he did.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
R.I.P., sir and prayers to his family.

A horrible disease that also took my sister. She simply started noticing a soreness in her foot and then....

Truly amazing Mr. Waskey was able to fight it as long as he did.

Took my uncle as well. Battled it for 30 years. Eventually passed due to heart issue not ms but being in a wheel chair for so long probably one thing led to another

Rip

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
RIP, i do not remember this player.

Mr. Waskey had the misfortune of playing behind Maxie Baughan in 1959 & the late Willie McGaughey in 1960 & 1961. It's an unusual name, so I remembered it.

I used the available on-line 2018 GT FB Guide as a reference for Bestwick's tenure, years lettered, who started, etc.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I also remember him when he played. I never picked up on the ties to Rotenberry and Howard. I did know that Rotenberry was from Roanoke, but his last year as a Tech player was my first as a Tech fan..