R-FR DL Mike Lockhart Offseason Gain

ScGold

Banned
I am cautiously optimistic. Hard seeing that transformation and not get giddy, but TJ Barnes and JC Lanier creep into my memory.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
He's a very intriguing player. Didn't start playing football until his Sr. year of HS. I hope he keeps the weight on. The way he looks at 302 suggests he could do another 10-20 pounds.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Woah. Talk about a kettlebell commercial.

Haha, seriously though I hope we see more of these start popping up. I did a few of the team workouts that CLC posts and they were brutal. If the guys kept up with them all we are going to have some stone cold killers report back.

I imagine not all programs will have had the same level of compliance. Obviously the elite programs have enough inherent competition to drive and push each position group, but outside of maybe the top three of the ACC I don’t think the rest of our conference will have been as locked in.

Time will tell if we gained a lot of ground but no way they got separation off us.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
The comparison that jumped in my mind last night was Francis Kallon from the perspective of potential. Limited football experience. Uber athletic.

TBD on Mike's future. Hopefully he and the coaches can harness his athleticism and teach him the game. Very easy for a raw athlete on the line to get out-leveraged if they do not learn to 1) use technique and 2) play with an edge.

Deleted member 2897

Wasn’t he the guy who went from unranked to nearly a 4-star seemingly overnight? With 5-star Clayton and some of the oguys, we might surprise some folks.
He's a very intriguing player. Didn't start playing football until his Sr. year of HS. I hope he keeps the weight on. The way he looks at 302 suggests he could do another 10-20 pounds.

Yea, IIRC, he went from invisible to almost a 4-star rating seemingly overnight.

He's gone from 250 pounds to 300 pounds since he left high school.