Quincy Avery Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Lol. Can you be more childish? Yes I don’t like Key. Yes I would ask him about it at fan day if able. No I would not do it like a raving lunatic with spittle coming out of my mouth as I raved at him.

You seem to think that is how I would approach him. That was not the tenor of my email to him and it wouldn’t be my tenor face to face either.

If that is how your face to face meetings go it would be highly entertaining to see first hand. ;)

Ditto @SoMsJacket
Lol. Y’all two need to just block each other.

(P.S. Don’t hate me. I love CPJ too!)

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I agree totally, but it was the mods who created it, sooooo they must like it (n)
I've never understood the whole locking down the thread concept. We have threads that have gone on for 200 pages and you pretty much knew after 3 pages that nothing new would be said. Not saying this one shouldn't be locked down just saying I've seen far worse go on for ever.

slugboy

Staff member
I've never understood the whole locking down the thread concept. We have threads that have gone on for 200 pages and you pretty much knew after 3 pages that nothing new would be said. Not saying this one shouldn't be locked down just saying I've seen far worse go on for ever.

Mostly it’s to protect unsuspecting bystanders who are looking for discussion on the topic that’s in the title, when the thread has gotten so badly hijacked that it’s full time work to get the off topic stuff out.
Sometimes, there’s the unrewarded hope that the thread will get back on track. It’s like the Creed-Drago fight in Rocky 4 where they should have thrown the towel in, but didn’t, and by the time they did it was far too late.
When a thread gets hijacked and argumentative, it’s like losing Carl Weathers all over again. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Animal02

Banned
Mostly it’s to protect unsuspecting bystanders who are looking for discussion on the topic that’s in the title, when the thread has gotten so badly hijacked that it’s full time work to get the off topic stuff out.
Sometimes, there’s the unrewarded hope that the thread will get back on track. It’s like the Creed-Drago fight in Rocky 4 where they should have thrown the towel in, but didn’t, and by the time they did it was far too late.
When a thread gets hijacked and argumentative, it’s like losing Carl Weathers all over again. [emoji22]

Thread drift is inevitable after awhile. Unfortunately it seems recently though, that instead of politely having disagreements...there has been a demand to agree with a particular group or go sit in the back of the bus.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Thread drift is inevitable after awhile. Unfortunately it seems recently though, that instead of politely having disagreements...there has been a demand to agree with a particular group or go sit in the back of the bus.

You haven't exactly been the politest in your disagreements with folks, lately. I mean, we could all stand to do better, but sometimes we have to start with the man in the mirror.

Animal02

Banned
I think it is pointless to straight up bash the old staff. At the same time, CPJ

You haven't exactly been the politest in your disagreements with folks, lately. I mean, we could all stand to do better, but sometimes we have to start with the man in the mirror.
I have not told anyone to stop posting.....with the exception of false allegations being made.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Yes....and it will be the same people that bashed CPJ for the last 11 years. :cautious:

Actually I don’t think so. I think those folks hated the triple and Paul so much they would now excuse any level of poor performance just because they are now rescued from the triple.

Many who disliked the triple still appreciated it when it operated at elite levels despite their preference for something different. That I can respect.

Yes it was an ignorant observation. I thought at the time that hiring CPJ was a great way to change the game at GT. In hindsight I still feel like it was a good choice and CPJ and his teams gave us many, many great memories and some amazing seasons.

But it's also an interesting insight into the vehemence some people in the football world with influence over young athletes had for what we were doing. I don't understand that vehemence but it's clear there was serious dislike for us. I don't begrudge people responding to him with factual information but to me, that type of tweet is so outlandish that it's meaningless and responding to it gives it a voice it shouldn't have. I don't feel like that about everything but this one just didn't seem to me to warrant being taken seriously. And beyond that he's talking about something that doesn't exist here any longer so it's doubly irrelevant. That's just my opinion and I completely understand people wanting to debunk it.

He’s probably just mad Paul wouldn’t use him as a bag man. Actually....it’s far more likely he’s simply a moron.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

Exactly this.

The intent in splitting this out into its own thread should be obvious. This Tweet had little to do with the thread it was posted in. And, it spurred some discussion that I did not want to derail the other thread.

That said, regardless of what thread the tweet was posted in, it doesn't take a genius to guess what direction this conversation would take. But, I didn't want to assume and shut down discussion prematurely.

So, with that said, based on the content and tenor of the last couple pages of replies and removed posts, this thread is ready for the lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.