Quick poll on the pulse of the fanbase....

Have you lost faith in CPJ?

• Total voters

Yella-Britches

Georgia Tech Fan
Toward the end of last season I would have voted, "yes". However, my loss of faith then and my statement that the Paul Johnson experiment was over for me was due in large part to Vad Lee's lack of buy-in. I had misplaced my disappointment. I am renewed!

Go Jackets!
To Hell with Georgia!!!
Stuff the Turkeys!!!!

Animal02

Banned
Toward the end of last season I would have voted, "yes". However, my loss of faith then and my statement that the Paul Johnson experiment was over for me was due in large part to Vad Lee's lack of buy-in. I had misplaced my disappointment. I am renewed!

Go Jackets!
To Hell with Georgia!!!
Stuff the Turkeys!!!!

I flt the same way.......toward the end of last season I felt CPJ had "lost it".......until the Vad info came out.......then the whole season made sense. I like what I see with the offense this year.......I just wish we had last years defense.......

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I do think we are going to have to deal with the results of recruiting issues from CPJ's learning how we need to recruit.

I like the system and we are getting good players...
I don't think CPJ expected the learning curve in recruiting at GT to be as steep as it truly is. I think he's a lot closer to having it figured out than when he started. He still has some ways to go yet.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Defensive coaching has been addressed, and in my opinion, improved (talent on D is an issue right now, but improving with current recruiting).

ST coaching has been addressed, and in my opinion, improved.

Recruiting has been addressed, and in my opinion, improved.

Team chemistry is, in my opinion, improved.

Character/conduct is, in my opinion, a strong suit of this staff, and is very important to me as a fan.

Staying the course with this staff is absolutely the right move right now. They seem to be building something.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
So 37-2?!

That's some faith right there!

I love CPJ as a coach. He does things the right way, even if it will cost him some losses. He cut out good players(Autry brothers), knowing that they could help him win.

He graduates players. He addresses the issues the program has and improves them. I think if coach roof gets our defense improved and we continue to improve recruiting we can be a perennial top 20 team. We're close IMO.

Ps-he also seems down to earth and doesn't suffer the fools in the media. I heard a story from my bro-in-law that at GSU he used to come to frat row and have some beverages with the fratties after games. I still haven't verified but hope to one day at the coaches show.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
A post in another thread got me wondering where the majority of the fanbase stands with respect to the state of the program. Have you lost faith in CPJ? Man up, yes or no, no grey, middle ground in this poll.

Add a Neutral choice, please. You might be surprised by the polling results.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
So 37-2?!

That's some faith right there!

I love CPJ as a coach. He does things the right way, even if it will cost him some losses. He cut out good players(Autry brothers), knowing that they could help him win.

He graduates players. He addresses the issues the program has and improves them. I think if coach roof gets our defense improved and we continue to improve recruiting we can be a perennial top 20 team. We're close IMO.
On recruiting, I think he's figured out the base of his classes is gonna be guys who have a high value for education. However, once we become a fixture in the rankings, which I don't think is far off, we'll start to get more players who are coming here for football first. Unfortunately, the vast majority of the blue chip players are this way.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
This poll is not for fence sitters, sorry. I know there's probably a good number of those, but I wanna know how you feel today, this minute, right now.

Understood. Your poll. Do with it as you please. There are other opinions beside yes or no.

I'm neutral. I dislike this offense but a few tweeks and it would be more to my liking and perhaps to some potential recruits who might prefer an offense that is more contemporary. PJ's bedside manner was embarrassing a few years back when he couldn't handle a bunch of radio d'bags but perhaps he's learned from that incident. He's graduating players which is good. We'll have to see how recruiting pans out. Perhaps he finally is "getting it" at GT. It's a difficult place to go to school and coach football at in this day and age. If it all works out for us, I'm good.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think we all miss the success we had under O'Leary and Ross, but I wonder if that level is within the reach of a school like GT in today's Power 5 environment. Fcae it, we are a tough school academically and we have a rather narrow curriculum (thanks to the GA legs). I think CPJ has a program that competes very well and I am basically happy. I wish the last three years had included a couple more wins, but even with all that's happened, we were not far off in any of those years. In 2011 we won eight games and could easily have had three more. In 2012 we won seven and probably had the talent to win two more. Last year we won seven and, again, could have had two more. We are not far from where I think we should be competitively.

Now, if the norm of 6-7 wins continues, then some serious head scratching needs to take place. I look at where we are right now and I feel good about us winning 6-7 games, with possibility of 2-3 more. I have seen a lot of GT football over the years and 10 win seasons are not the norm for us. we have to be realistic about what can be accomplished.