• Minnesota by 7-13

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Minnesota by 14+

Votes: 6 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I predict that this game is going to look a lot like the Army/Houston game. Our entire team has so much to play for. CPJ will be sent out on a good note.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm thinking along the lines of bke1984. We win a close, high scoring game. Something close to 45-38. I think it will look like an awful lot of Paul Johnson era GT games. Having not seen our offense, they will be bewildered by it. We'll put up big yards and points. But their offense sounds like something that will give us trouble. Hopefully, we'll get a few more stops or turnovers than they do.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Wow way to take a dig - you don't know anything about me. How many times has he complained that the play was there but the players didn't execute? I didn't say anything that wasn't true.
It’s nice that you can admit it’s a “dig”, and not a statement based on actual rational analysis.

Every time I’ve ever heard Coach lament poor execution, he’s gone on to accept the blame as a coaching failure. I’ve never once heard him “blame the players” for a loss.

Makes me wonder what inherent mental filter you are using in your clumsy attempts to interpret Coach-speak.

GT_EE78

Banned
I think CPJ and seniors will go out on a high note and rushing yards will be plentiful. By Q2 the gophers will think that their chestnuts are roasting on an open fire

crazy4GT

Georgia Tech Fan
It’s nice that you can admit it’s a “dig”, and not a statement based on actual rational analysis.

Every time I’ve ever heard Coach lament poor execution, he’s gone on to accept the blame as a coaching failure. I’ve never once heard him “blame the players” for a loss.

Makes me wonder what inherent mental filter you are using in your clumsy attempts to interpret Coach-speak.

To be fair, yes this year after the 3rd loss I did hear him say that they needed to do better coaching. I’m not a CPJ basher or detractor. I’ve appreciated what he has done. However I don’t think you blame players after a loss - that is something you do in house not publicly.

All that said, my comment was probably not appropriate as I was doing the same thing that I was complaining about.

Thankful for your inherent mental capabilities to question mine. You win.

THWG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Minnesota finished the year very well -- the change of DC did the Gophers a world of good. While I very much hope that Minnesota is thrown for a loop by a churning Tech offense, let's not forget that Tech has a little rust and might take a series or two to get going -- and God help us if a distracted "bad Tech" shows up against a "good Minnesota." Some folks are treating this bowl as an expected easy win; it might be, but I doubt it'll be some thumping by 17+ points. Those guys have some offensive talent, some size, and a good DC. I just hope their youth and lack of experience against a CPJ-type offense turn out as big factors.

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
Minnesota finished the year very well -- the change of DC did the Gophers a world of good. While I very much hope that Minnesota is thrown for a loop by a churning Tech offense, let's not forget that Tech has a little rust and might take a series or two to get going -- and God help us if a distracted "bad Tech" shows up against a "good Minnesota." Some folks are treating this bowl as an expected easy win; it might be, but I doubt it'll be some thumping by 17+ points. Those guys have some offensive talent, some size, and a good DC. I just hope their youth and lack of experience against a CPJ-type offense turn out as big factors.

We also have a "Bad Minnesota" version of the team too...just hasn't been on the field since Illinois debacle...

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
Obvious answer is obvious
09200326-695D-43FB-B5C8-A9774015D226.png

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

Were playing a mediocre team that hasn't played against the TO before. It's the kind of game that we've normally done very well in.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Can I change my prediction to Minn by 15+?

This is exactly what I was worried about...we look very unprepared.