Question

stech81

Helluva Engineer
How many coaches can a college football have? How many are allowed to be on the field? Do the ones upstairs in the booth count as being on the field. This is the first year after 38 years I have not been at a game Due to circumstances I cannot control , when the players come off the field are the coaches talking to their group that they coach?
If we are at the number of coaches we can have is there not one we can do without to hire a QB coach to stay on the field and talk to the QB'S when they come off the field? Can someone else be in the booth and let CDP stay on the field with the QB?
Sorry I know I said a question and it is more but would really like to know.
I hate of the thought that we have 4 QB's all so young and no one on the field when they come off the field after a mistake not to talk to them.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
To me, your question points to a problem that this team is showing signs ot having in it's SECOND YEAR. What was the biggest issue I saw yesterday ?
BC, who hired their HC approx. 11 months ago, seemed to have his team - certainly to begin the game - prepared ,both emotionally and scheme wise, to
"get after us". Obviously , we did not have that with our 2nd year HC.
Having a QB coach on the field for 4 young players seems like a no brainer HC decision to me. Unfortunately, I see evidence pointing to not only lack of experience at the HC level, but maybe a shortage of "command" ability. If the team continues to play this poorly. somebody needs to take charge of the situation. I still am concerned that CGC wants to be a "friend/cheerleader" for coaches and players. EVERYONE needs to get an *** chewing once in a while to hold them accountable. It lets them know that a) they can be replaced and b) CONTINUAL improvement is an expectation, not a hope.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
How many coaches can a college football have? How many are allowed to be on the field? Do the ones upstairs in the booth count as being on the field. This is the first year after 38 years I have not been at a game Due to circumstances I cannot control , when the players come off the field are the coaches talking to their group that they coach?
If we are at the number of coaches we can have is there not one we can do without to hire a QB coach to stay on the field and talk to the QB'S when they come off the field? Can someone else be in the booth and let CDP stay on the field with the QB?
Sorry I know I said a question and it is more but would really like to know.
I hate of the thought that we have 4 QB's all so young and no one on the field when they come off the field after a mistake not to talk to them.

I believe it is: Head Coach, nine assistant coaches, and 4 graduate assistants that can interact with players. The team can use 20 headsets. Fifteen for the coaches, four for players, and one for a person to do non-coaching activities such as charting plays.

Alabama gets around those rules by having "analysts". Under the rules, those people are not limited. They can't interact with players and they can't use headsets. They can sit in the booth and tell the coach with a headset what to tell the other coaches.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I believe it is: Head Coach, nine assistant coaches, and 4 graduate assistants that can interact with players. The team can use 20 headsets. Fifteen for the coaches, four for players, and one for a person to do non-coaching activities such as charting plays.

Alabama gets around those rules by having "analysts". Under the rules, those people are not limited. They can't interact with players and they can't use headsets. They can sit in the booth and tell the coach with a headset what to tell the other coaches.
That is what I saw but we have the Head Coach and 10 assistant coaches and 4 graduate assistants . I'm want a QB coach to stay on the field with the QB if that has to be CDP so be it then put some one else in the booth

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
That is what I saw but we have the Head Coach and 10 assistant coaches and 4 graduate assistants . I'm want a QB coach to stay on the field with the QB if that has to be CDP so be it then put some one else in the booth
Basically, if you want a coach to concentrate on the QBs, one coach doing something will have to stop doing that and start concentrating on the QBs. So, some activities that are currently being done, won't be done.

I don't know of a rule that dictates how many coaches can be on the field or in the booth. Coordinators usually like to be in the booth so they can see the whole field and understand what the opposing team is doing. If CDP moves to the field and concentrates on the QBs between drives, he won't have time to take in what he saw on the last drive (in fact he won't even have the overhead view at all) and chart out plans for the next drive.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Basically, if you want a coach to concentrate on the QBs, one coach doing something will have to stop doing that and start concentrating on the QBs. So, some activities that are currently being done, won't be done.

I don't know of a rule that dictates how many coaches can be on the field or in the booth. Coordinators usually like to be in the booth so they can see the whole field and understand what the opposing team is doing. If CDP moves to the field and concentrates on the QBs between drives, he won't have time to take in what he saw on the last drive (in fact he won't even have the overhead view at all) and chart out plans for the next drive.
I understand that but with 4 young QB's I just think we need a QB coach on the field with them, May be that CDP doesn;t want anyone messing with the QB's. I just don't see anyone talking to them when they come off the field or talking to them on the headset . maybe they do and I missed it,

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I understand that but with 4 young QB's I just think we need a QB coach on the field with them, May be that CDP doesn;t want anyone messing with the QB's. I just don't see anyone talking to them when they come off the field or talking to them on the headset . maybe they do and I missed it,
I see the WR coach come over and talk to Sims a lot. After the int, he was over there talking to Sims.