Question about recruiting spending

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
What year did we hire more people to the recruiting staff? I know we were too far into that recruiting year and those additions would help the next recruiting year, I just can’t remember what was the first full year of the additional recruiting staff.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
What year did we hire more people to the recruiting staff? I know we were too far into that recruiting year and those additions would help the next recruiting year, I just can’t remember what was the first full year of the additional recruiting staff.

It just happened in the last year.

I think we have a whopping total of 4, whereas the top teams have close to 30.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer

Did we add a guy or two a few years back. I thought we had one guy for forever than added a guy or two, than this past year we added 4?

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
This is our number one problem, right here. Everything else, including coaching, facilities, all that, is way down the list.
Yep.

What do our 4 guys do exactly, and what do they get paid?

Watch tape? Social media bs? Call/text hs coaches and recruits? Organize visits? Go to camps and evaluate players? Go to hs games and evaluate? Go on the road and meet with hs coaches/recruits?

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
What do our 4 guys do exactly, and what do they get paid?

Watch tape? Social media bs? Call/text hs coaches and recruits? Organize visits? Go to camps and evaluate players? Go to hs games and evaluate? Go on the road and meet with hs coaches/recruits?

The same things the recruiting analysts at other schools do. We just have way less of them. Pretty consistent with everything else.