Question about a past incident involving football players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gtyellowjackets

Jolly Good Fellow
Didn't the plate glass window incident occur at Dash Riprocks? They didn't stay in business too much longer and I wondered if that incident was the beginning of their downfall.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
What was the name of that pizza joint?
The more I think about it, the harder it is to distinguish between the rumors that were rampant afterwards and what actually happened. I think it was the Pizza Factory. They were serving 25 cent beers that night. That was cheap, even for 1988. Don't remember how I got home either. Left before the cops arrived. I was a freshman.

northgajacket

Banned
The more I think about it, the harder it is to distinguish between the rumors that were rampant afterwards and what actually happened. I think it was the Pizza Factory. They were serving 25 cent beers that night. That was cheap, even for 1988. Don't remember how I got home either. Left before the cops arrived. I was a freshman.

I read it was 10 cent draft night at the place according to publications I have read.

northgajacket

Banned

I meant to reply to your post.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I was a junior. (And I ate frequently at Junior's. :))

GTMD

Georgia Tech Fan
Didn't the plate glass window incident occur at Dash Riprocks? They didn't stay in business too much longer and I wondered if that incident was the beginning of their downfall.

I haven't heard about dash riprocks in years! We used to go there Thursday nights it was the place to be. Still going strong when I graduated in 1993. Fun place

Brown002

Georgia Tech Fan
My father was the off duty APD and working an extra job there. It was the pizza factory and it wasn’t an accident. They were hit on or harassing the girl, she threw beer in retaliation and got punched. From my memory, it was like 28 reconstructive surgery visits to fix her nose. When a 6’4”, 320 lbs lineman or center punches a woman in the face, it’s not pretty. I remember seeing Salisbury’s driver lic on the dresser after my father got home. I asked what happened and he said he got in a fight, lol. That’s it in a nutshell.

Dress2Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
My father was the off duty APD and working an extra job there. It was the pizza factory and it wasn’t an accident. They were hit on or harassing the girl, she threw beer in retaliation and got punched. From my memory, it was like 28 reconstructive surgery visits to fix her nose. When a 6’4”, 320 lbs lineman or center punches a woman in the face, it’s not pretty. I remember seeing Salisbury’s driver lic on the dresser after my father got home. I asked what happened and he said he got in a fight, lol. That’s it in a nutshell.
Holy Necropost, Batman!

Salisbury's story (as told to me first person) was that there was in incident and he was throwing a punch at the boyfriend and she jumped in to break it up and took the punch. I believe there was smack talk and a pitcher dumped on someone which led up to actual punches being thrown. BTW, Kevin was probably 250 or so at the time. Big 'ol guy, but not 320. That would have been Mooney.

The real story? I have no idea. ;-)

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
Bash Riprocks. And they had a quad night that was borderline dangerous
Mooney wasn’t a bad guy but the GTPD knew him well. I ended up stuck in the 3rd street tunnel with him at least twice after he slapped the camera box and they dropped the gates.

also had to cover him in intramural bball. Glad he liked to shoot threes.

Dress2Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Mooney wasn’t a bad guy but the GTPD knew him well. I ended up stuck in the 3rd street tunnel with him at least twice after he slapped the camera box and they dropped the gates.

also had to cover him in intramural bball. Glad he liked to shoot threes.

Those gates closed pretty slowly. I remember escaping as they closed at least once.

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
The girl was cussing the players and called Mike a *** she got what she asked for !

Status
Not open for further replies.