Quarterback Style

franklinjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I just want a QB who is the most motivated and competitive player on the field. JN willed us to wins that we simply wouldn't have had a shot at with any of CPJ's QBs. Say what you want about the players around Nesbitt, but some of our biggest 2008-2009 plays were just him being a man and getting it done. I don't know if JT, Byerly, or even Jordan has the moxy Nesbitt did, but we need to see that on the flats again if we are going to get over the 7-8 win hump again.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
So defenses didnt key on the B-back, because Tevin couldn't get to the edge? Safeties didn't cheat in to stop the run, because Tevin had a noodle arm? Yep, we were just fine with Tevin at qb.

Yea I think we were fine. Were we great? Probably not. But I think the offense was good enough if we had a functioning defense.

No, the fact that we struggled to put up 28 points on a bad SunBelt team was though. Not to mention that Tevin got extra possessions due to the quick scoring that our defense gave up.

Tevin didn't get extra posessions. The offense did. There's 10 other players out there. Can't disregard context either. If I'm rebering right we got behind early in that game so Tevin and the offense was forced to do some things that definitely weren't their strengths. Stop allocating blame to a single player.

TW was not a good qb, Move on.

I think it's pretty funny you're telling others to move on when you're one who ****ted on the guy unprovoked. Maybe you're the one who needs to let go and move on here.

nodawgs

Jolly Good Fellow
Tevin didn't get extra posessions. The offense did. There's 10 other players out there. Can't disregard context either. If I'm rebering right we got behind early in that game so Tevin and the offense was forced to do some things that definitely weren't their strengths. Stop allocating blame to a single player.

Who else couldn't throw the ball because of a weak arm? Who else was to slow to get the ball out on the edge? Who else got continually tackled from behind before he could get to the LOS? When you can tell me someone else who was responsible for this, I might start taking you seriously.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
While this discussion about how precisely we can tell whether the unblocked DL was an option read is interesting, the fact remains that it began because somebody blamed TW for our W-L record for games which our defense clearly lost. When a guy doesn't admit that he was posting with more emotion than sense, further discussion is likely fruitless.

I think the accuracy of this post has been proven. Thanks @nodawgs for demonstrating my point.

nodawgs

Jolly Good Fellow
Tevin had a higher completion % than did Vad or Nesbitt. He scored more TDs than any other QB at Tech. The facts and your opinion do not align. He was not the fastest or the strongest, but overall he was statistically the best. He missed fewer snaps than JN

Oh wow! Completion %???? TW is the tallest midget. Great! How many of those TDs were < 1 yard? Almost all. Quite possibly the worst arm in the history of college football. Sorry if I believe that a qb should be able to throw the ball, option qb or not.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Oh wow! Completion %???? TW is the tallest midget. Great! How many of those TDs were < 1 yard? Almost all. Quite possibly the worst arm in the history of college football. Sorry if I believe that a qb should be able to throw the ball, option qb or not.

Throwing passes means nothing. Completing passes means a lot. Getting a TD from the 1 or the 50 makes no difference. A TD from the 1 means that he had to drive the field to get to the 1. With our special teams during Tevin's tenure the drives sure as heck did not start there. You can rant and bellyache about Tevin all you want. You are still wrong. He was statistically better than our other QBs, with arguably less talent around him.

nodawgs

Jolly Good Fellow
Throwing passes means nothing. Completing passes means a lot. Getting a TD from the 1 or the 50 makes no difference. A TD from the 1 means that he had to drive the field to get to the 1. With our special teams during Tevin's tenure the drives sure as heck did not start there. You can rant and bellyache about Tevin all you want. You are still wrong. He was statistically better than our other QBs, with arguably less talent around him.

You can argue all you want as well, and your boy will still have a losing record vs BCS opponents.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Quoting yourself proves your point? LOL...ok!

smh. I was referring to how you reacted to others trying to have a reasonable conversation with you. FYI, typically when someone refers to another person as proving their point, they are NOT saying that they are proving their own point.

At this point, I'm pretty well convinced that just as some u[sic]ga fans spell "dogs" with an "aw" (in some order) instead of "o", you for some reason spell "go" with an "n" instead of "g."

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
You seem to have a hard time answering the question. Who is your "boy"? You are great at throwing down on our players, but I have yet to see you name one in a positive manner. So why don't you quit all the moaning and griping, man up, and call out some guys on our team who you think are great.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Tevin actually had some clutch moments that get forgotten because he screwed the pooch later in the same game. What is also forgotten is that if the defense had held he wouldn't have been asked to save the day a second time. I'll always remember that long run he had against Clemson at BDS at night in '11. He ran the triple to the right and fake pitched the defender out of his shorts then ran the sideline for 50+. Vad should have had 10 of those last year with his talent.

yellojello

Jolly Good Fellow
TW was not a good qb, Move on.

Are you for real? He was not a playmaker, but he was a solid QB. I don't know where you learnt your reasoning skills from, but in a sane world, a player who accounts for as many TDs and TD drives as TW is a solid QB.

nodawgs

Jolly Good Fellow
You seem to have a hard time answering the question. Who is your "boy"? You are great at throwing down on our players, but I have yet to see you name one in a positive manner. So why don't you quit all the moaning and griping, man up, and call out some guys on our team who you think are great.

LOL! My boy? Out of CPJs crew would obviously be Nesbitt by a long shot. He was an athlete, a winner, and had a respectable arm. Things have gone downhill since his injury. There is no denying that.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
LOL! My boy? Out of CPJs crew would obviously be Nesbitt by a long shot. He was an athlete, a winner, and had a respectable arm. Things have gone downhill since his injury. There is no denying that.

I like Josh, but when the talent left around him, so did the winning. We got drilled by a bad Kansas team. Struggled mightily passing the ball when Thomas left. I say that not to run him down, but just to say that the opinion of Tevin would be different if the 09 team was around him.