Qua Searcy - GoFundMe

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
How did Qua become the bench mark for our S&C?

Also, you do realize our S&C doesn’t compare to the one he’s trying to get? Lifting for 1-1.5hr 3-4x/ week doesn’t equate to 5hrs of training 6x/week.

Qua isn’t the benchmark neither was Dwyer when he left and entered the draft. I’m saying he should’ve put in more work over 5 years instead of trying to raise money to hire private trainers to make his body “pro ready” in 3 months. I’m saying Quas physical development is more of an indictment on Qua than a failure on S&C

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Qua isn’t the benchmark neither was Dwyer when he left and entered the draft. I’m saying he should’ve put in more work over 5 years instead of trying to raise money to hire private trainers to make his body “pro ready” in 3 months. I’m saying Quas physical development is more of an indictment on Qua than a failure on S&C
9 out of 10 players that are seriously trying to go to the NFL, whether they're projected 1st round picks or UDFA's, do some form of special training to prepare. This is not unlike a fighter who is training for a fight for several months before the event.

56JacketDE

GT Athlete
The training centers around reduction of times in the following pro day/combine tests: three cone drill, 20 yard short shuttle, 40 yd dash
The training also tries to increase vertical jump and standing broad jump
The training also works on your 225 max rep test for the bench

this training is extremely specialized and includes certain techniques that would not be part of any regular collegiate S&C workout...a tenth or 2 tenths lower time might mean alot of money....

to be fair, no team designs offseason workouts to get better at the 3 cone drill, etc., thus the S&C workouts at GT would not emphasize getting better at the above

my agent paid for my workout program

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
Very cool info, thanks.

The agent thing is interesting to me - I would guess your agent thought of it as an investment, so if Qua has to paybhis own way could it be that he isn’t receiving much confidence from agents?

56JacketDE

GT Athlete
Very cool info, thanks.

The agent thing is interesting to me - I would guess your agent thought of it as an investment, so if Qua has to paybhis own way could it be that he isn’t receiving much confidence from agents?
actually, he paid for it upfront - then i was billed for it and paid him back after i was drafted

Qua may not have an agent? I dont know...It is pretty standard for agents to pay for pre-draft combine/pro day training, at least it was 20 years ago when i was doing this:facepalm:

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
actually, he paid for it upfront - then i was billed for it and paid him back after i was drafted

Qua may not have an agent? I dont know...It is pretty standard for agents to pay for pre-draft combine/pro day training, at least it was 20 years ago when i was doing this:facepalm:
It is still standard for players who are likely to be drafted. Small-time agents who just want to sign a player will also offer to pay for training to get a client signed when a legit agent wouldn’t pay for the same players’ training.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Your post is an indictment on your lack of knowledge on how athletes prepare for NFL pro day.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Pathetic that you’re so blinded by hate not to realize that literally every legitimate prospect goes to one of these training facilities before the draft. Like Exos and what not...

Whether Qua is a legit prospect or not is up for debate, but it’s a huge stretch to place his desire to go to one of these on Sisk
Why does everyone, who expresses an OPINION about the negatives of our previous program, is called a "hater"? Ridiculous.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Your post is an indictment on your lack of knowledge on how athletes prepare for NFL pro day.

I was hoping to ask a question about time remaining to prepare.
With nfl draft on April 25 and combine end of February ish, when is gt pro day?
It was in mid march last year.

What is latest qua could start this training? Is training a week? or 6 weeks?

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck

Calm down mrs searcy. Yes they hire trainers to shed seconds off their cone drill or 40. when all things are equal that’s what separates guys like Sony Michel and and Ezequiel Elliot in a draft. There isn’t a scout in the world that looks at Qua and says that’s a body ready for the NFL. Qua was outstanding for us at Tech, no doubt, but he’s not an NFL player. Had he devoted more time to training, maybe, but hed get broken in half in the NFL today. Look at the leap gotsis made physically prior to his last year. It was crazy how he bulked up and how dominant he was. He spent the entire off season working out and eating right preparing himself for the next level. You’re trying to tell me Qua put in the same effort? Look, I’m not knocking him. Most guys will never sniff the NFL so why kill yourself in training to get there. Qua was a huge contributor at tech doing what he did. But to get to the NFL? I think y’all seriously underestimate how incredibly hard it is and the work that you need to put in year after year to get your chance.

Kmur5

Georgia Tech Fan
Calm down mrs searcy. Yes they hire trainers to shed seconds off their cone drill or 40. when all things are equal that’s what separates guys like Sony Michel and and Ezequiel Elliot in a draft. There isn’t a scout in the world that looks at Qua and says that’s a body ready for the NFL. Qua was outstanding for us at Tech, no doubt, but he’s not an NFL player. Had he devoted more time to training, maybe, but hed get broken in half in the NFL today. Look at the leap gotsis made physically prior to his last year. It was crazy how he bulked up and how dominant he was. He spent the entire off season working out and eating right preparing himself for the next level. You’re trying to tell me Qua put in the same effort? Look, I’m not knocking him. Most guys will never sniff the NFL so why kill yourself in training to get there. Qua was a huge contributor at tech doing what he did. But to get to the NFL? I think y’all seriously underestimate how incredibly hard it is and the work that you need to put in year after year to get your chance.

Do you have inside knowledge of how much effort Qua did/didn’t put into S&C program? Wait I can answer that. No, you don’t. Realize that athletes come in all different shapes and sizes. Physical development for some athletes peak earlier than others. It’s disappointing to see judging of his commitment just based on what he looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk