Qua Searcy - GoFundMe

heyhellowhatsup

Jolly Good Fellow
Pathetic that 5 years in a P5 S&C program didn’t serve its purpose. Best of luck to him. This is a great reason why we needed a change.

Pathetic that you’re so blinded by hate not to realize that literally every legitimate prospect goes to one of these training facilities before the draft. Like Exos and what not...

Whether Qua is a legit prospect or not is up for debate, but it’s a huge stretch to place his desire to go to one of these on Sisk

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
Pathetic that you’re so blinded by hate not to realize that literally every legitimate prospect goes to one of these training facilities before the draft. Like Exos and what not...

Whether Qua is a legit prospect or not is up for debate, but it’s a huge stretch to place his desire to go to one of these on Sisk
Blinded by hate? Maybe we can tone is back there a bit. I was a pretty big supporter of PJ. The S&C program was a joke - look at the # of injuries and our inability matchup against physical football teams. I get the all prospects do this, but the optics are terrible given how bad he looked in the warmups at the uga game.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Seems like a troll on GT fans to me.

The way it is worded and the total lack of anything other than "Help me get the proper NFL training".

Pic does not show his face. The Leap would be The Pic for this kind of appeal.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Blinded by hate? Maybe we can tone is back there a bit. I was a pretty big supporter of PJ. The S&C program was a joke - look at the # of injuries and our inability matchup against physical football teams. I get the all prospects do this, but the optics are terrible given how bad he looked in the warmups at the uga game.
Every sculptor’s mound of clay is not the same. Can you really fault the sculptor of his mound of clay is subpar?

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck

I think its weird but I don't think its solely a S&C issue. It seems like an accountability and leadership issue. Our players have to put in the work and take it seriously. At many of these big time programs, they push their players to train year round, non stop. Sure, they need to spend less time in class and w/ tutors, but from the top down those guys are training right and eating right. I just don't think under CPJ we had that expectation. Our new S&C said when he was at Buffalo if you don't come to train, and take it seriously, then he throws you out of the gym. No knock on Sisk or CPJ, but I think a refresh is good for our program. Bring in some new energy.

I'm not setting my expectations with the Collins' era to match CPJ's first year, but I do want to see some fire and some toughness. My dad played college football and they played Army a couple years (in the 70s), and he always said they never had an issue beating them but boy did those guys play physical. In short, a loss is a loss, but I hope we make teams earn their wins and they feel it the next day. That type of toughness and strength starts at S&C. It's also worth noting that the S&C group spend more time w/ the players than the football coaches due to NCAA rules, so the head coach and S&C coach need to be very very tight and aligned.

As far as Qua is concerned, the dude should've taken it more seriously for 5 years. Its like Dwyer when he left, he should've eaten fewer donuts, maybe Qua should've eaten more.

As said before, I do think our Strength and conditioning could have been better. When you are at school 5 years and still growing, you can get much stronger and much faster. also though it has to do with the player. They have the time to get to the track and gym themselves.

Sometime I think our players counted on CPJs system and coaching to win games, more than they should have.

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
Seems like a troll on GT fans to me.

It seems random that someone would fake this but Qua hasn't mentioned this on his twitter, so it might be wise to make sure he verfies this is legit before donating
I’m 90% sure this is fake. Based on the reasons presented (he also didn’t mention it on Instagram), plus it’s a dig on Qua who was the subject of mockery from a former dwag recently.

Add in that this is right before recruiting re-opens and it definitely reeks of negative recruiting propoganda.

TLDR: they shook that CGC can recruit.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
Good grief. People are bagging on the old strength and conditioning program like they had been in there watching to see how the program was set up and which players were working hard and which players weren't. From what I'm reading, all of our players were weak to start with and never did any work to try to get stronger.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
As far as Qua is concerned, the dude should've taken it more seriously for 5 years. Its like Dwyer when he left, he should've eaten fewer donuts, maybe Qua should've eaten more.

How did Qua become the bench mark for our S&C?

Also, you do realize our S&C doesn’t compare to the one he’s trying to get? Lifting for 1-1.5hr 3-4x/ week doesn’t equate to 5hrs of training 6x/week.